This post provides an update to the Plone 6 Documentation.
First I want to personally thank all the people who contributed, @ksuess, @ericof, @nileshgulia1, @yurj, @pbauer, @wolbernd, @valentinab25, @fredvd, @mauritsvanrees, @MdSahil-oss, @polyester, and provided reviews and feedback.
This project is under very active development. Contributions are welcome. Read more for how to participate.
- Released the first draft of Install Plone 6 documentation.
- To facilitate contributions to fill the gaps in Plone 6 documentation, created a new branch
5.2-mystthat contains the original
5.2branch's reStructuredText files and their conversion to MyST syntax.
- Fixed make error:
ln: ./docs/plone.restapi/source: File exists.
- Fixed linkcheckbroken is broken.
- Fixed Click on sub navigation does not highlight clicked menu item and does not expand correctly.
- Updated references from version 6.0.0a4 to 6.0.0a6.
- Added glossary terms: slate, volto-slate and elementEditor.
- Improved the Install Plone 6 Containers chapters.
Extend the extrahead block with Matomo analytics tag manager in
- Fix dynamic views.
- Added documentation for how to add control panels via config.settings.
- Added chapter to migration guide on how to migrate to Volto.
- Added new structure for overview, install and deployment.
- Documented work around for building documentation on M1 macs.
- Fixed docs configuration.
- Removed transifex configuration.
- Fixed indentation in nginx configuration in simple.md.
- Fixed curly braces error in simple.md.
- Fixed exit status of grep in make docs-linkcheckbroken.
- Fix HAProxy, nginx, and Docker Compose casing.
- Fix warnings for syntax highlighting, duplicate headings, and nested sub-heading.
- Improve English grammar and syntax in backend docs.
- No unicode literals in documentation.
- Docs 6 cleanup.
- Re-add doctests after switch from restructuredText to MyST markdown.
- Redirect api.plone.org after relaunch of Plone 6 documentation.
- Fix broken link to Python requests library docs.
- Enable Google Analytics 4.
- Fix inconsistency for PATCH controlpanel HTTP response.
Here are our current counts on the Release Plone 6 docs project board .
A Burn up / CFD graph shows our progress since Jan 15, 2022.
- Clean up Install Plone 6 documentation.
- Fill gaps in upgrading to Plone 6 from Plone 5.2 documentation.
- Classic UI
- Meta-document to link together the various upgrade guides, including Volto
- Using the converted 5.2 documentation MyST files, fill in the remaining gaps in Plone 6 documentation.
- Remove Google Analytics tags, and replace with, or install, Matomo for analytics for Training and plone.restapi.
- We have many open issues that need your help.
- Join the "Plone Docs" Netlify Open Source Team. Please ask on Discord in the
#documentationchannel to become a member of the team.