This post provides an update to the Plone 6 Documentation.
First I want to personally thank @ksuess, @sneridagh, @tiberiuichim, @jensens, @tisto, @MrTango, @mauritsvanrees, @nileshgulia1, @hkhoshkhoo, @gforcada, @yurj, @JeffersonBledsoe, and all the other people who contributed, and provided reviews and feedback.
This project is under very active development. Contributions are welcome. Read more for how to participate.
plone.apiwithin the Backend documentation.
plone.restapifrom reStructuredText to MyST syntax.
- Enhanced Classic UI Image handling chapter.
- Enhanced Classic UI Icons chapter.
- Enhanced Classic UI Global variables in templates chapter.
- Enhanced Backend Global utils and helpers chapter.
- Added Backend Control panels chapter.
- Added Backend Indexing chapter.
- Moved the
ideasdirectory out of
docs/sourceto the root of the project. No more errors!
- Reordered primary navigation items.
- After much whack-a-mole, finally disabled
mr.robotofrom nagging us to run Jenkins tests on
maketargets no longer attempt to recreate symlinks.
docs/plone.apito work in any shell flavor.
- Added filter of search results by
- Stopped building Volto Storybook during Netlify previews to conserve build minutes.
ogp_site_urlfor search engine optimization.
html_metavalues for search engine optimization. No more warnings!
- Use Intersphinx instead of fully qualified URLs when linking to Plone 6 documentation.
- Make the topbar title be sticky.
- Cleaned up
toctreedirectives to improve navigation through Frontend chapters. Now its submenus can be toggled open or closed.
ObjectBrowserWidgetin Volto Storybook.
@@display-filesupport to Frontend Volto Proxied backend routes chapter.
- Use JSON instead of JSON Schema for code samples in REST API Types Schema chapter. Pretty syntax highlighting!
Here are our current counts on the Release Plone 6 docs project board .
- We will participate in the upcoming Beethoven Sprint and Buschenschanksprint. The Documentation Team will be present both in person and remotely. We will also try an experiment to encourage people who do not speak English as their first language to contribute to Plone 6 documentation. People may contribute documentation in their native language, then use Google Translate or Transifex to convert to an English version, and fix it up as needed. Come by and say howdy, olá, hola, hallo, ciao, привіт, hei, नमस्त, こんにちは, buna ziua, zdravo!
- Install documentation. "One Install doc to rule them all, and in the darkness bind them." See a preview of the work in progress now!
- We have many open issues that need your help.
- Join the "Plone Docs" Netlify Open Source Team. Please ask on Discord in the
#documentationchannel to become a member of the team.