Information for Interested GSoC Students

Thanks. @cewing

@Arhant please start a new thread to ask for help with the installation (...ah, I found the way to split off your discussion :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Hello everyone, I am Manish, I am in 2nd year at Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, computer science branch. I have worked with python, java, nodejs and mongodb. I am very much interested in Gsoc'18. I really am very much interested in working with plone and learning from excellent peer group here at plone. I have been reading chats here at forum. I have installed plone 5.0 on ubuntu 16.04 and familiarised myself with plone environment. I am now working on making a website using plone. I will keep updating my progress. Please welcome me in my first endeavour to open source community.

1 Like

Welcome, @Zematacqy !
Keep going on and in case you got stuck anywhere, please post it here.

Hi,
I am Adithya Kumar, 3rd year student IIT Palakkad, India. I have worked with a lot of web development tools such as Reactjs, Webpack, elm (amazing thing :slight_smile:) etc. I am a decent coder and like coding in elixir, python, Haskell, JavaScript etc. It would be a great learning experience for me to contribute to Plone. Am currently following the steps mentioned :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome @adithya Adi
Keep going on. :blush:

That's great, do let us know if you need help with anything.
And of course, welcome to the community!

Does anybody know how to check the changes I made in the code of the following repository.
https://github.com/plone/Products.CMFPlone
I mean how do I run this repository's code?

Usually you wouldn't modify the code in that repository. Plone is comprised of many packages, so code changes would be made in those. You can find out more how to make core changes to Plone here:

https://docs.plone.org/develop/coredev/docs/index.html

Thank you Sir, I am on it.

Hi,I am Divy Khare.I know HTML ,CSS ,React JS and a little python.I want to get into the open source world through this amazing community.I have followed the steps and have built Plone on my local system.Looking forward for a good first beginner issue.

Greetings @divy123 and welcome to the Plone community.

You can find steps on how to learn about what Plone is, what it does, how to develop with Plone and where to find beginner issues to get started with in the list at the top of this post.

As you proceed, please do bring your questions to us here in the forum. We are happy to help in any way we can.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Help creating a new site

Hey!
I am Himanshi, sophomore at The LNM Institute Of Information Technology, India. I have worked with HTML/ CSS and a little JavaScript. I code regularly in Python, C ,C++. I am interested in contributing towards this organisation's ideas! I am already on to the steps you mentioned!

@himanshi Welcome to the Plone community! We are glad you've stopped by to try us out.

Please do let us know if you have any questions. Feel free to search this site to see if others have asked the question before, and if you don't find an answer, start a new topic.

Again, welcome!

Hey,
I am Md Anam Raihan, a 3rd-year student studying at International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad. I have worked with HTML, CSS, and Python. I have already installed Plone and made a basic website, right now I am going through the documentation. I believe I have the capabilities skills and experience for contributing to the organization.
Hope to have a great experience.

@iamar7 Welcome to Plone community. Do ask if you get stuck at any point.

1 Like

Welcome @iamar7 .
As you are done with basics of plone, Now, pop over to the ideas page and see if you spot anything that interests you. We are also open to thoughtful proposals for your own ideas, so don’t be shy.

Keep going on and in case you got stuck anywhere, please post it here.

Again, Welcome!

Greetings, @iamar7! Welcome to the Plone community! Hope all is going well for you.

As you begin looking at Plone issues in our issue tracker and working on solving your first bugs, please do ask your questions here in this forum. A few words of advice on that.

First, search the forum to see if anyone else has asked your question before. In many cases you'll find that someone has. Second, keep to one topic per post. It is tempting to keep a conversation going once you have one started, but it is much easier to find answers to our questions if each topic is on its own thread.

Thanks very much for your interest in Plone. We appreciate your time and attention, and are happy to help you in any way we can

1 Like

@cewing Do we have a proposal template to follow to write our project's proposal?