August 20th, 2020
Minutes of previous meeting posted at:
Attending: Rikupekka, Sally, William, Fulvio, Erico
- Announcements and news
- Done stuff
- Governance discussion
- Asset management
- Plone.org renewal
- Others topics
- Content management needed
- Analytics report - Python 3 news item has lots of views https://plone.org/news/2020/plone-migration-to-python-3
- Try to push our news to python/JS communities
- Brainstorm a list of communities/channels to promote.
- Marketing team to help with ploneconf website and promotion - more info on that in the next meeting.
- Items in the pipeline
- Two more coming next
- VoltoCMS.com launch news item coming too
- Governance: https://plone.org/news/2020/plone-foundation-launches-governance-initiative
- Sixfeetup: they have plone success stories material. How to update plone.com to get them there?
- It's static site -> we will just put them to plone.org
- Should we schedule an announcement/news item before every steering circle to gather questions from the community -> yes. Where to send questions. Topic to community.plone.org. Erico will discuss with the board. Create email@example.com or similar. → discussion forum would be more transparent.
From various people on the team:
Asked for feedback on the What is Zope? page --> suggested asking on the newly created Zope email group, or better yet, creating an issue in the https://github.com/zopefoundation/Zope/ repo to get more community involvement.
Edited the What is Plone IO page.
Some edits to Products.CMFPlone/README.rst, and then updated Plone/README.rst and plone-github-io/README.md to bring them to parity.
Also edited collective/plone-awesome, but it seems to have no owner.
Incorporated all the suggested changes into the What Is Plone pages and asked for feedback from relevant people. Just a few outstanding items left (images for Plone IO and Community and an appropriate "Try It" link for Zope.)
After the meeting -> published: https://plone.org/what-is-plone
Drafted news item for 3 news items
Done some (re)tweeting as Plone
Created the sitemap report for Plone.org
Plone Governance discussion
Plone Governance discussion at the board: https://plone.org/foundation/governance-process
- Discussion on the process
- Steering circle meetings of team leads will be initiated, first one 22nd Sept.
- Even further improvement ideas discussed.
- Action items for marketing team - none yet, only discussion so far.
- Fulvio: in case we don't have one yet, the marketing team needs a master list of all assets to keep an eye on and keep in sync:
- Front page of a new plone installation (no gender bias in language versions).
- Lets create a new page to assets and things on top of this document and move them there -> done
Plone.org - renewal, what next
- Local dev site set up
- We agree we need to think about and decide on the p.org info architecture
before we launch the long term project
p.org/sitemap is a good reference - done
- Each one of us to propose a better site map - a google doc for that - done and checked through
- Schedule another p.org focused meeting for a month from now - still up for this --> yes.
- Next meeting Sept 3rd 2020.
- Next plone.org meeting Sep 17th 2020.
- Screencasts on Volto and others would be useful
- Page on how awesome the community is would be nice