Information for Interested GSoC Students

Does anybody know how to check the changes I made in the code of the following repository.
https://github.com/plone/Products.CMFPlone
I mean how do I run this repository's code?

Usually you wouldn't modify the code in that repository. Plone is comprised of many packages, so code changes would be made in those. You can find out more how to make core changes to Plone here:

https://docs.plone.org/develop/coredev/docs/index.html

Thank you Sir, I am on it.

Hi,I am Divy Khare.I know HTML ,CSS ,React JS and a little python.I want to get into the open source world through this amazing community.I have followed the steps and have built Plone on my local system.Looking forward for a good first beginner issue.

Greetings @divy123 and welcome to the Plone community.

You can find steps on how to learn about what Plone is, what it does, how to develop with Plone and where to find beginner issues to get started with in the list at the top of this post.

As you proceed, please do bring your questions to us here in the forum. We are happy to help in any way we can.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Help creating a new site

Hey!
I am Himanshi, sophomore at The LNM Institute Of Information Technology, India. I have worked with HTML/ CSS and a little JavaScript. I code regularly in Python, C ,C++. I am interested in contributing towards this organisation's ideas! I am already on to the steps you mentioned!

@himanshi Welcome to the Plone community! We are glad you've stopped by to try us out.

Please do let us know if you have any questions. Feel free to search this site to see if others have asked the question before, and if you don't find an answer, start a new topic.

Again, welcome!

Hey,
I am Md Anam Raihan, a 3rd-year student studying at International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad. I have worked with HTML, CSS, and Python. I have already installed Plone and made a basic website, right now I am going through the documentation. I believe I have the capabilities skills and experience for contributing to the organization.
Hope to have a great experience.

@iamar7 Welcome to Plone community. Do ask if you get stuck at any point.

1 Like

Welcome @iamar7 .
As you are done with basics of plone, Now, pop over to the ideas page and see if you spot anything that interests you. We are also open to thoughtful proposals for your own ideas, so don’t be shy.

Keep going on and in case you got stuck anywhere, please post it here.

Again, Welcome!

Greetings, @iamar7! Welcome to the Plone community! Hope all is going well for you.

As you begin looking at Plone issues in our issue tracker and working on solving your first bugs, please do ask your questions here in this forum. A few words of advice on that.

First, search the forum to see if anyone else has asked your question before. In many cases you'll find that someone has. Second, keep to one topic per post. It is tempting to keep a conversation going once you have one started, but it is much easier to find answers to our questions if each topic is on its own thread.

Thanks very much for your interest in Plone. We appreciate your time and attention, and are happy to help you in any way we can

1 Like

@cewing Do we have a proposal template to follow to write our project's proposal?

There's a quick guide on what on to include in the GSoC Plone Page. It can be found under the "Write Your Proposal" section. @nileshgulia1

1 Like

Thanks @ajayns I forgot to see it.

Hi,
I am Maitreya Sonawane, sophomore studying Electrical Engineering as a major at Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. I have recently developed interest in Web Development and Design. Learning about this organisation, i found this system of Plone quiet interesting. Viewing Idealist one topic that caught my attention was of Editor Improvements - Creating anchors is really good idea to interconnect documents and make it easily accessible. Need to find new position for editing bar is indeed a nice idea.
Due to my Mid Semester Examinations and following illness costed me some time to start, but now I am ready to dedicate as much time as possible and continue exploring plone community and working on project. Hope it goes well.

1 Like

Hi! Welcome to the plone community. Let us know if you need any help!

1 Like

@Maitreya

Welcome to the Plone community! We are glad you've chosen to take a look at our software for your GSoC experience. Please take the time to read and follow the five steps at the top of this post. As you develop questions about how Plone works, or what it does, or how to work with it, please let us know here in this forum.

A few words of advice. First, you'll get better results if you first search the forum to see if other people have already asked the same question. Many times someone else will have, and you'll save yourself and us some time by following the answers already given. Second, make sure you include as much information as possible in your questions, including what you were trying to do, what you expected to have happen, and what did happen instead. Screen shots are great, as are pasted log files, when appropriate.

Anyway, enough of that. Again, welcome to Plone and let us know how we can help you as you begin learning.

1 Like

Surely will follow the code! Thanks for these advice's.

My name is Bryce Gallion, and I'm a third year Computer Science and Biochemistry student at the University of Arizona in Tucson. I began my coding journey with intro courses in HTML/CSS/JS, and have recently taken courses in Python, Java, and web development. I am currently working on two personal projects using React.js and Node.js. I enjoy coding in Python as it is very readable and was very beginner friendly in my experience. I look forward to contributing to this open source project!