Plone 5.2rc2 soft-released

Plone 5.2rc2 has been soft-released. Please give it a try and let me know if there are any critical issues. http://dist.plone.org/release/5.2rc2-pending/versions.cfg

For those who haven't run across soft-releases before, this is the last step before the final release. Because things haven't been finalized yet, some packages may change between now and the release. It is not recommended to use soft-releases in production.

5.2 Release Schedule

Plone 5.2 is in a stable state. No additional features or major API changes will be merged at this point. Zope 4.0 is still in a beta state and is not expected to reach a final state until after the Halle Sprint in May. We don't want to release Plone 5.2 without that final release of Zope, so we won't see 5.2 final until May. We will continue to release 5.2 release candidates approximately every two weeks until then to give the community as much time as possible to update their projects, their clients' projects, and our add-on ecosystem to support Plone 5.2 and Python 3.

Remaining Work

Here is our remaining list of critical items to fix before we make the final release of 5.2.

1 Like

Will plone.app.layout 3.1.2 be included in the 5.2 release? I ask this because it has a breaking change with 3.1.1 regarding the way to customize the global navigation menu:

Not sure if issue pertain to zope4 or my code. It is related to session.set.

This is the main code issue:
sdm = self.context.session_data_manager
session = sdm.getSessionData(create=True)
session.set('palace', [content0, content1, content2])

i got these errors (many times) and Plone freeze or no respond.

2019-04-11 14:25:41,687 ERROR [Zope.SiteErrorLog:250][waitress] 1554963941.6865860.20123713074409721 http://.../ajax_updatetable
Traceback (innermost last):
Module ZPublisher.WSGIPublisher, line 148, in transaction_pubevents
Module transaction._manager, line 252, in commit
Module transaction._manager, line 131, in commit
Module transaction._transaction, line 311, in commit
Module transaction._compat, line 50, in reraise
Module transaction._transaction, line 302, in commit
Module transaction._transaction, line 447, in _commitResources
Module transaction._transaction, line 421, in _commitResources
Module ZODB.Connection, line 497, in commit
Module ZODB.Connection, line 546, in _commit
Module ZODB.Connection, line 602, in _store_objects
Module ZODB.mvccadapter, line 165, in store
Module tempstorage.TemporaryStorage, line 211, in store
Module ZODB.ConflictResolution, line 297, in tryToResolveConflict
ZODB.POSException.ConflictError: database conflict error (oid 0x39, class Products.Transience.TransientObject.TransientObject, serial this txn started with 0x03cef461b0668111 2019-04-1 06:25:41.343845, serial currently committed 0x03cef461b0d37d55 2019-04-11 06:25:41.443624)
2019-04-11 14:44:26,575 WARNING [waitress.queue:115][MainThread] Task queue depth is 1
2019-04-11 14:44:26,575 WARNING [waitress.queue:115][MainThread] Task queue depth is 1
2019-04-11 15:01:37,450 ERROR [Zope.SiteErrorLog:250][waitress] 1554966097.4497610.7297308310796269 http://.../ajax_updatetable
Traceback (innermost last):
Module ZPublisher.WSGIPublisher, line 148, in transaction_pubevents
Module transaction._manager, line 252, in commit
Module transaction._manager, line 131, in commit
Module transaction._transaction, line 311, in commit
Module transaction._transaction, line 302, in commit
Module transaction._transaction, line 447, in _commitResources
Module transaction._transaction, line 421, in _commitResources
Module ZODB.Connection, line 502, in commit
Module ZODB.BaseStorage, line 353, in checkCurrentSerialInTransaction
Module ZODB.BaseStorage, line 268, in getTid
Module ZODB.utils, line 385, in load_current
Module tempstorage.TemporaryStorage, line 187, in loadBefore
ZODB.POSException.POSKeyError: 0x06

Using buildout from

and Python3.7.2

Why isn't this on the list of critical issues?

I am still getting this error in a fresh migration project for various error caused by add-ons.

You can not skip Plone without a proper fix or at least a proper workaround with some proper error reporting.

Probably because you did not add it?

Also, the issue needs to be updated.
Is the GenericSetup fix is not sufficient?

erm @alert ... a breaking change in a minor version upgrade is not what one expects ... we probably should bump the version up to 3.2.0 with the next release!

1 Like

Seriously..the issue is marked as blocker since ages.

As said the error is still open with the latest 5.2R1 release.

Assuming that the related GS fix is part of the latest release then the answer is NO as stated within the issue.

But it is still not on the board. :tongue:

Am I the release manager? rolling eyes

The release manager and his team do releases based on information provided by the community. If you - as part of the community - do not provide the information as requested, then do not expect it to be taken in account. If you are just a kangaroo and not part of the community, why do you answer here?

Besides that, the bug is IMHO not that important to block a release. If someone tries to install a misconfigured package and it fails w/o a meaningful error message, this is indeed annoying, but not a blocker.

Get over it and again: stop with this lame blather.

We have developers and adminstrators in companies and universities that sigh and suffer more and more every day because growing number of Plone issues and weird UX bugs.

Do you consider such wrong and misleading error messages approriate for Plone administrators?
If you are serious then please answer with NO. Otherwise I translate this as "we don't care about quality, we don't care about admins, we don't care at all"...yet another proof that the sense for quality in Plone releases is more and more fading. Releasing became a self-purpose..releasing for just having something released..that's how the Plone release process works with Plone 5.0. And nothing has changed here. It's getting worse with every release.

Primary, because lots of energy is going in pointless discussions instead of just getting things fixed.

[edit] still missing at https://github.com/orgs/plone/projects/5 [/edit]

I think rc2 should move out of pending.
All blockers in https://github.com/orgs/plone/projects/5 have been fixed and we need a rc3 that has these fixes.

I removed the pending tag. Working on rc3 with all of the blocker fixes now.

3 Likes

Thanks! Our buildout at https://github.com/starzel/buildout now supports Plone 5.2rc2

1 Like