Pylons Project Assimilation Team Minutes
- Érico Andrei
- Paul Everitt
- Carol Ganz
- Alexander Loechel
- Steve Piercy
- Paul Roeland
- Matthew Wilkes
Revise statutes and regulatory docs
See documents stored in the shared Google Drive:
Articles of Incorporation
- No changes needed.
- Up to us, what, if anything needs to change.
- We must refile them with the State of Delaware if we change them.
- No attorney needed.
- Possibly need to notify the IRS whether "related technologies" will include the Pylons Project.
- Paul has made inquiries with OSI to obtain free legal advice, as well as other non-profits.
- Paul Roeland would appreciate advice from contacts in the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) and other organizations.
- Carol will attempt to locate notes from when she served on the ASF board regarding this topic.
- Needs legal advice.
- Steve Piercy relayed an email from Matthew Wilkes in which he stated that the Zope integration project would benefit from having the contributor agreement process sorted.
- Paul Roeland will place a draft of the CA in markdown format in the Pylons Project Assimiltion repo for review and comment.
Document all GitHub repos under Pylons organization
- See the GitHub issue Document all GitHub repos under Pylons organization #4 and the Google Sheet Pylons repositories, PyPI projects, and licensing.
- Steve will double check repos for actual licenses.
- Repos under no license assume the most strict license under German law. Not good.
Discuss whether to change software license to MIT for software and CC-BY-SA for documentation
- Every person who has ever made a "meaningful contribution to a work" must sign the current Plone CA for each project.
- We must make a "strong effort" to contact contributors in writing by email, US Mail, fax, IRC. That means at least 5 attempts using 2 different methods in writing, no phone or video calls, over a 3-month period.
- Plone Foundation Board makes the decision of whether to change the license for the repo.
Monday, February 25
11:00 AM Pacific / 19:00 UTC
Fourth Monday of the month
Join Zoom Meeting
One tap mobile
+16468769923,,292711041# US (New York)
+16699006833,,292711041# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 292 711 041
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/acvo6N4xZ9