Plone Communications and Marketing Team Meeting 2021-02-04

Minutes of previous meeting Jan 21st 2021 posted at:

Attending: Rikupekka, Norbert, William, Fulvio, Sally, Erico

Agenda

  • Current issues
  • News and events
  • Plone.org
  • Other issues

Current issues

  • Volto early adopters meeting last Friday
    • Asked for events and help in plone.org renewal
    • What’s the status of https://volto.plone.org/?
      • Outdated content, ambivalence from Volto folks
      • Decision: Keep it but hide outdated content
  • Budget
    • Revenues: Plone Foundation sponsors
      • Marketing team could use some budget
      • Marketing team could discuss on items/things that help/cost money -> use spreadsheet to record ideas and share with Board
      • Main item on next meeting
      • Reach out to Armin and ask for his ideas (Fulvio?)
    • Expenses
  • Sponsorships: how to thank returning ones?
    • Decision: tweet thanks
    • Fulv could ping Rikupekka in Slack to tweet? Need a better process for scheduling tweets about sponsorship renewals
    • Decided to use a spreadsheet and put the messages there
  • Plone shop?
    • Continue working on it. Continue discussion next week.

News and events

  • Ploneconf: advertise the videos and presentation slides
    • When are the videos online?
  • Asked at board meeting if they know of upcoming events
    • Not a lot of information of potential sprints
  • Questions for the steering Circle news item published: Questions for the Steering Circle? — Plone: Enterprise Level CMS - Free and OpenSource - Community Driven - Secure
  • Sponsorship reminder news item
  • Other news items
  • 2021 - list of upcoming events. Ping the organizers to add events to plone.org. Status?
    • Alpine sprint -> it will be online
    • Plone Tagung -> not happening this year, using WPD to communicate with German community
    • Bonn/Beethoven sprint -> ?
    • Write news item about upcoming remote sprints
    • Plone relations sprint happened last weekend -> Sally will write news item and create events for the finished and follow up sprints
    • Erico, WPD -> next week
    • PLOG (thinking about fall) -> Discuss soon with Paul and who else? (need to start lining up hotel dates)
    • Plone.org sprint(s)
      • Short term -> after marketing does a little more work we can schedule and advertise (News and Community) a short term fixes plone.org sprint
      • Big renovation -> not ready yet to advertise, need more discussion
    • Python web conf -> Event published
    • Plone conference dates -> board discusses.
      • Plone conf committee installed

Plone.org renewal

  • Work done on weeks 1-3

  • When and how to work on plone.org renewal?

    • Sprints
    • Marketing team meetings
  • Plone.org sprint(s)

    • Ongoing
    • February-March to continue short-term marketing team work on current plone.org
      • Discuss on Slack about a proper weekend/day(s).
      • Decided on 20.-21 Feb 2021 at 10 am Boston 3pm UTC for the next one (will be after our next marketing meeting discussion)
      • Decide on March data and whether just marketing or wider
    • Migrate to 5.2 and Python 3. Authentication
      • Jens: “I volunteer to work on authentication as I did already in Bukarest for the current plone.org.”
      • Clean up addons before migration -> Created ticket
    • Then (flesh this out next next meeting): Feb 18 2021
      • Need a design (spring) - idea: use (mostly) vanilla volto?
        • Idea to ask Board for budget to reimburse a designer
      • Update to Volto (mosaic, form folders (9) are a problem, other archetypes) (summer)
      • Tied to the discussion below about tracking Plone versions - need to define how to get from where we are to 6, and make the migration a community project
      • Where to focus the efforts? Who are we trying to reach? The bigger picture?
      • The content on plone.org is actually a valuable resource (for marketing and for the community
  • Short term Plone.org improvements

    • Install p.a.imagecropping on plone.org -> use playbook
    • Github version of plone.org.core was a shell
  • Idea update plone.org with every new version of Plone

    • Next plone.org needs to be Volto, Plone 6
    • Group of people that consider it as a project
    • Some kind of “sponsor thank you” for people who take time of company hours

Plone Foundation Code of Conduct