January 21st 2021
Minutes of previous meeting December 17th 2020 posted at:
Attending: Rikupekka, Norbert, William, Fulvio, Sally
- Happy new year, everybody
- News and events
- Other issues
- Discussion on plone.org theming: Good news, p.a.imagecropping can be added to plone.org. And we have a nice customized view for news listings and news items.
- Github has a different version than plone.org production.
- What we need to do to get work tested on plone.org:
News and events
- Ploneconf: advertise the videos and presentation slides
- Sprint report news item
- Activate community posts
- 2021 - list of upcoming events. Ping the organizers to add events to plone.org
- Plone Tagung
- Plone.org sprint(s) - we can decide.
- Python web conf.
- News item that recaps all the major stats for Plone Conference 2020 - there is one already
- Next board meeting: could ask if they know of upcoming events. Yes.
- Sponsorship reminder news item
- Other news items
- Marketing tasks after the conference
- Sponsor tweets still needed
- Tweets when videos are published
- Community post about the next conference videos
- Market next year’s conference already put it into the calendar
- tweets every week all year, with images
- Mailchimp account transfer -coordinate in Slack
Work done on weeks 1-3, nice.
Plone.org improvement ideas document
Plone.org renewal in general
- Short term: Minor tweaks to theme and content, as discussed earlier
- Long term (2021): have the site renewed more thoroughly.
- Organize sprints on the renewal, need volunteers
Open space document from the Conf
When and how to work on plone.org renewal?
- Marketing team meetings
- Mid february to continue short-term work on current plone.org
- Discuss on Slack about a proper weekend/day(s).
- Migrate to 5.2 and Python 3. Authentication
- Then (flesh this out next meeting):
- Need a design (spring) - idea: use (mostly) vanilla Volto?
- Update to Volto (mosaic, form folders (9) are a problem, other archetypes) (summer)
- Tied to the discussion below about tracking Plone versions - need to define how to get from where we are to 6, and make the migration a community project
Idea update plone.org with every new version of Plone
- Activity with Hootsuite again
- Next meeting Feb 4th 2021