I cannot login to the administrator screen

I installed PLone 6.0.6 a week ago. But all the time, I can't solve the problem of being unable to log in to the admin screen. It seems to be beyond my ability as a beginner. Please help me.

I installed Plone as per the official documentation.

Python 3.10.12
Cookiecutter:installed
nvm:installed
Node.js LTS 16.20.2
Yeoman:installed
Yarn 3.6.1
GNU make:installed
Docker 24.0.5

The installation process went as documented throughout, and both backend and frontend came up fine.
However, the following screen appears when I connect to
http://<my_site_IPadress>:3000

When I type admin for User ID and password, I get the following error message and cannot log in to the admin screen.
"cannot POST /login"
I found this same problem on the forum.

The following solution was described there, but I couldn't figure out how to do it for my life.

Thank you so much! Just solved by change RAZZLE_BIND_ADDRESS from default 0.0.0.0 to the external IP.

If I could figure out how to do it, I think I could solve the problem, but I'm at the end of my research. If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

FTR, this is almost no documentation for this environment variable:

It is not very helpful, as it does not describe how to set the env var. You would have to know how to search documentation for how to set environment variables, and hope that documentation authors spelled out "env vars" to "environment variables".

1 Like