GSOC'23 aspirant introduction

Hello mentors, I am Vedant Dandge, a software engineering majors student at ACE, Mumbai in India. I'm always eager to learn and implement new technologies and improve existing solutions. I am proficient in the MERN stack, Python, and also have experience working with mobile applications. I am more into frontend development and have worked with MUI and tailwind.

I am interested in contributing to Plone this season.
I'm interested in learning about the next steps for becoming involved.
I need to start with setting up Plone and then Volto, right?

1 Like

Hello, I am Abhishek Tiwari, and I am a web developer and has developed projects that include React, Nextjs and nodejs, I know backed and frontend both and I am eager to work on "User Management " Project, mentor - @ Rob Gietema.
I also took some tutorials and read the documentation of Plone. So please let me know how to get started with my selected project or how I can approach my mentor.
Thnaks

Again, take your time for informing yourself about GSCO 2023 and its process.

It's clearly documented that you do apply through GSOC for a project and not directly.
Also, the application phase starts on March 20th, 2023.
(hint as a mentor: it's not a good impression when an aspirant is badly informed about GSOC :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:)

1 Like

Thanks, sir, But I know that application will start on 20 March onwards. Still, many organisations and mentors suggest being interactive with the project mentor and trying to understand the code and how the organisation works.
That's why I asked about it.
Ok, I understand that it is only my proposal that will play a major role, and I have to till 20 march.

Already answered in this thread:

Basically, look into the training section, as mentioned.

One more recommendation: please do not engage private communication with possible mentors (like direct emails for example) because:

• it is a bit intrusive,
  • it is not fair to other candidates, as all the information about a project must be public and accessible.

So just use this open forum please :pray:, the best solution is to start a thread about the project you are interested in.

Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

Hello ,
My name is Mohd Farhan Akhtar, an electrical engineering student at the University of Jamia Millia Islamia , New Delhi, India. I am a web developer and has developed multiple projects that include the use of Reactjs, Nextjs , nodejs , firebase and mongodb .I am highly proficient in the MERN stack, Python and TypeScript. I am more inclined towards the frontend development and have worked with the major design frameworks including Bootstrap ,Tailwind css, ant design and Material UI.

I've read the project idea for User Management and i'm interested to work on this idea.
I am interested in contributing to Plone this summer.

1 Like

Hello Mentors , I am Kunal SIngla, from IIT,Bhilai a undergraduated student. I am currently working in field of web development and also connected to Plone, back starting of this month.I am currently going throgh Plone training.
I have seen project ideas and I am intrested in "Slug based linked headlines in volto-slate".
I want to learn and contribute through Plone , Please guide me so that I could do my best in Gsoc and become a good contributor.

Hello to everyone in the community :wave: I am Yagyesh Bobde a 1st year BTech student at RCOEM nagpur. I am an aspiring GSOC contributor. I am passionate about learning new technologies, currently I am focused on web developement.
I am new to this community and would love to connect and contribute to Plone.
Looking forward to talking with other community members and learning a lot.

Okay. Thank you !

Hi everyone, my name is Nandom Alfred Mamdam and I'm a computer science student from the University of Jos. I came across Plone Foundation while researching open-source projects to contribute to and I was immediately drawn to the community. I'm interested in contributing to [Modernize Data Fetching API project] and [improving drag & drop support in the blocks engine project] and my skills in react, reactquery and Javascript would be a good fit for this projects. I'm excited to learn more about open-source development and to work with a team of developers who are passionate about making a difference. Can someone tell me more about the next steps in the application process? I’m currently reading the Plone documentation

Dear Plone,

My name is Ganesh Panigrahi, and I am writing to express my interest in the project of building a search engine using Nucleus Search as part of the Google Summer of Code program. I am excited about the opportunity to contribute to this project named as "Use Nuclia search across all Plone properties" and work with your organization to create an innovative search engine that can provide valuable search capabilities to users.

I have a background in Python, and I am passionate about information retrieval and search engine technologies. I have experience in python and plone, and I am eager to apply these skills to this project and learn new skills along the way. I have worked on several software development projects in the past, including development of search engines, and I am confident that I have the skills and experience to contribute to this project and deliver high-quality results.

I am excited about the opportunity to work with your organization and contribute to the open-source community through the Google Summer of Code program. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
@ganesh-panigrahi

Hello! My name is Rajesh Kumar Singh. I am a third-year undergraduate student at IIT Kharagpur. I'm a full-stack developer with expertise in a variety of programming languages and tools. Specifically, I'm experienced in developing applications using React, Node, Next.js, MongoDB, Express, React Native, Django, and Firebase. I am also experienced in Bash scripting and Linux. While searching for open-source projects in GSOC 2023 I came across Plone Foundation and realised that my expertise in Python, Javascript and React would be a great fit for the organisations projects. I am interested in contributing to the projects like Recycle Bin, Modernize Data Fetching API, Improve drag and drop support in th eblocks engine and Improve Add/Select Link Widget. I would like know about further towards contributing to the organisation.
I am currently going through the Plone training and Plone documentation.

Hi there! My name is Hemant Chaudhary, and I am a 3rd year computer science student from JSSATEN, India. I am proficient in HTML, CSS, TailwindCSS, Javascript, ReactJS, and NodeJS with ExpressJS. I would love to contribute to Plone.

Hello, I am Falgun Patel, and this is my my first time applying for GSoC.

I have worked on HTML, CSS, JS projects. I have recently learned the basics of React. I am also working upon problem solving abilities using Java as a programming language. Also I know basics of Git and Github.

I am also going through Plone Training Documentation, and trying to learn about the organisation and would like to work with the organisation.

I have gone through problem statements of the organisation and found one of the statements I would like to work upon i.e.

Refactor class components to functional components

Volto still have a number of core components that are React class-based components. This prevents the use of hooks in them, and newest DX on them. The idea is also while moving to them, use hooks to abstract the functionality present in Redux and in data fetching.

Since I completed learning the basics of React recently, I learned about hooks that eliminate use of classes and makes it simple to understand. I want to apply the same to learn more about converting class-based components.

So I am looking forward to work on the same.

If someone can guide me to create a good proposal for GSoC'23,I would be so grateful.

1 Like

Hello, I am Chirag Jain, and am a CSE student from IIIT Hyderabad, skilled in MERN stack, python and have developed projects. Inclined towards web development and interested in User Management and Refactoring Class components to functional components.
Thanks

Dear Mentors,

I hope this message finds you well. I am Sawai Singh Rajpurohit, and i am final year computer science student from galgotias university. I am writing to express my keen interest in participating in the Google Summer of Code program under your guidance. I am excited about the opportunity to work on real-world projects that can make a positive impact while also developing my technical skills.
After conducting thorough research, and I gone through the plone documentation and tutorials. I believe that your project on Locking Control Panel is a perfect fit for me.

We propose to develop a REST API that provides a view to search for and release locks on objects under "Control_Panel/DavLocks/manage_workspace" in the Zope Management Interface (ZMI). This feature will be exposed in Volto's control panel, making it easy for users to manage locks on objects in their Zope applications. The REST API will be developed using the latest technologies and best practices, ensuring it is secure, scalable, and easy to maintain. This feature will provide Zope developers with a valuable tool for managing locks and improving the security of their applications.

Hello everyone,

My name is Akshat jangid, and I am excited to introduce myself to this community. I am a MERN stack developer with 2.5 years of experience. My skills include ReactJS, NodeJS, nextjs , TypeScript, Express and databases like MongoDB or Mysql.

I am very interested in contributing to GSOC 2023 and would love to be a part of this community. I am passionate about programming and enjoy working on projects that challenge me to learn new skills and technologies.

I look forward to meeting all of you and working together on exciting projects in the future.

Thank you for your time, and I am excited to be a part of this community.

Hello!
My name is Grace Pan and I'm currently a sophomore CS major at UT Austin. Really excited to learn more about Plone contribute to the community!