GSOC'23 aspirant introduction

Hello Everyone, I am Okeke Henry and I'm a student of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, studying Pure and Industrial Chemistry and It's my first time applying for the Google Summer of Code.
I have experience working with HTML5, CSS, TailwindCSS, SASS, Vanilla Javascript.
I'm also familiar with the use of the command line, Git and Github.
Currently, I'm learning ReactJS.
I'm also taking the Plone Training Documentation for frontend web developers.
I've reviewed the organization's project idea lists and identified one that I would like to contribute to;

"Refactor class components to functional components"

Through the Google Summer of Code program, I'll have the chance to collaborate with your organisation and make a contribution to the open-source community, which excites me.
I appreciate your attention and eagerly await your response.
Thank you

Hello everyone! I am Upendra Taral and I am an IT student from Pune University. I have keen interest in MERN stack, MySQL. My passion towards programming helps me to learn new technologies.

I am very excited for GSoC 2023 to contribute in open-source projects and enhance my contribution skill.

I am excited for this new experience and wish everyone best luck.

Thank You.

hy Everyone i am Amit from India and yes i'm an CSE undergrad ! I hope i will be learning new stuff and give something back to this community .

Dear Plone,

My name is Ravi Ranjan and I am writing to express my interest in the project of user management using React as part of the Google Summer of Code program. I am excited about the opportunity to contribute to this project named as "User Management" and work with your organisation to implement the missing features and redo the management screens.

I have experience in React (Frontend), NODE JS and MongoDb. I am eager to apply these skills to this project and learn new skills along the way. I have worked on project 'Community engagement platform for Students and Alumni' .

I am excited about to contribute to the open-source community through the Google Summer of Code program. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

1 Like

@Ravi-Ranjan0 Welcome to Plone!
Please sign the contributor's agreement before making contributions to the Plone core codebase (if you haven't).
To get-started you can go through this discussion post:
Recommendations for GSoC aspirants

Hey everybody. I am Kartik Saini and I graduated from Nirma University, Ahmedabad with a degree in Electrical Engineering in 2021. I am very excited to apply for GSOC internship in Plone for the project titled Refactoring of class-based components to functional components.

Hello, I'm Precious Egwuenu from Nigeria. I'm a student of Estam University in Benin Republic majoring in Computer Science. I'm a frontend developer with the skills of React, NextJS, Sass, JavaScript, HTML, CSS and more. I'm excited to learn and contribute to Plone. Thank you.

Hello world,
I am Zineddaine Badr, Full-stack web developer with experience in designing and building scalable and efficient web applications using modern technologies such as React and Node.js.
I am excited to contribute to Plone and add valuable features to the project.

Hello everyone! My name is Akeju Oluwanifemi.

I'm excited to join this Plone community. I'm a full stack developer with 2 years of experience, and I specialize in working with React. I'm also a 3rd year computer science in at the Bells University of Technology.

I'm passionate about creating scalable and maintainable applications. I look forward to connecting with all of you and contributing to this community in the best way I can.

Hi all,

I'm Folorunsho Fareed, a front-end web developer with 2 years of experience. I specialize in ReactJs and am excited to be joining the Plone community.

Looking forward to working with you all and contributing to the community!

Hello Mentors; I am Sarvan Kumar Singh, a sophomore from IIT Kharagpur. I am a web developer having around one and a half years of experience in Reactjs, UI/UX, Redux, Nodejs, Expressjs, and MongoDB.I have high proficiency in the MERN stack and have worked on projects in a team.

I reviewed your project ideas and would like to contribute to "Refactor class components to functional components".
I am in the process of understanding Plone and looking forward to contributing and learning.

Thank you for the tips

Hi all,

I am Om Mahajan, a CSE final year student. I have been coding since quite a few year now but my love for computers date even further. I have touched upon all the languages and domains in computer science and have been enjoying my journey. In the last few years I have been working on web technologies and took up few industrial projects (prominently in manufacturing) in freelancing s well. I have a good understanding of how several web technologies work.

I am interested in working on Locking Control Panel. I will implement REST API endpoints to perform the locking action. An endpoint will be required to retrieve the contents of the locked contents this should be achieved in a secure manner. I will use the APIs provided by the zope.locking python module to achieve this.

On the UI side a control panel needs to be implemented such that all the locks are visible in the form of a table and several sorting and filtering options would be available. There will be actions (release) associated with each row that can be performed on individual locks or by selecting multiple locks on the given site.

I will be able to dedicate about 30-35 hours per week with a few exceptions (university exams). I honor the Contributor’s Agreement for Plone and will write my code in accordance to the rest of the code with proper documentation. I am still in the process of reading the source code.

Hope you find my application appropriate and consider me as a GSOC 23 contributor.
Thank you.

Hi guys, this side Jatin , a full stack developer and devops enthusiast. I have been doing development for 2 years [MERN+Django] . I'm looking forward to contribute to opensource projects. I am interested to work on refactoring the code issue for plone, as I'm well versed with React and Javascript.

The GSOC application period is over.

Dear Mentors,

My name is Saarini Ritesh, and I am a second-year student from UPES Dehradun, India. I recently submitted a proposal for the project 'Add WebAuthn 2 support for Plone,' in which I outlined my plans to achieve this goal. I am excited about the opportunity to work on this project, and I am eager to hear back from you.

I would be grateful for the opportunity to discuss the proposal further with you to ensure that it can be implemented successfully. Thank you for considering my proposal, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,
Saarini Ritesh.

Hello everyone! My name is Hangxin Chen and I am excited to join this community as a GSoC applicant for Plone. I am currently pursuing my Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science at University of Michigan. I have a strong interest in Web Development and API Integration and have experience working with technologies such as Python, React, JavaScript, REST API and Git.

I am eager to contribute to the Plone community and looking forward to learning from all of yo! If you have any suggestions or advice to share, feel free to reach out. I appreciate your support and am excited to be part of Plone community!

Did you submit proposal?

Hi all! My name is Zheyi (zei yi) and I go by Klaus, currently a master student majoring in Computer Science at University of Pennsylvania.

I have taken courses regarding web-development, databases, OS, network systems and so on, which I believe would be great preps for contributing to Plone's product. I also have real-industry full-stack development experience from working in a SaaS start-up (Revvable) in San Francisco last summer.

I am excited to join this community and I have submitted a proposal for the project of "Modernizing Data Fetching API". It interests me because I haven't created a npm package before despite working frequently with API endpoints building and integration. It sounds like an intriguing and impactful job to do. I think the issue#4347 has clarified the task very well. However, I do have several conceptual questions about the issue. I will read more of the codebase in the next few weeks and deepen my understanding of the code base.

I appreciate this opportunity to work with Plone and folks here. Please feel free to reach out for any discussion.

Best,
Zheyi (Klaus)