Cloudflare is one of the biggest networks operating on the Internet. People use Cloudflare services for the purposes of increasing the security and performance of their websites and services. Cloudflare comes with security rules that protect websites from malicious activities like DDoS attacks, malicious bots, and other nefarious intrusions.
Off-topic: CastleCMS comes with some of the security features that Cloudflare offers and I would love some of those security features of CastleCMS to be moved over to Plone.
Cloudflare has an API, which allows users to access and modify specific settings for Cloudflare. Of course, I wouldn't recommend security settings that allow users to turn off or breach Cloudflare, however, to gain analytical data from Cloudflare, increase the security level and so forth yes.
- Provide an access point / control panel for Cloudflare directly via Plone
- View Cloudflare analytic data directly on Plone.
- Additional security and performance boost
- Easy access to Cloudflare analytical data and settings
Knowledge and Skills requirements
- Students should have a moderate understanding of JS, API and Python
- Have a keen appreciation for security and its importance
- Should gain a deep understanding of Cloudflare and Plone security to ensure both platforms aren't compromised
Feasibility of this project
- This is not necessarily a job for novice Plone developer due to the importance of security.
- it is timely and achievable within 3 months