Alright Plonistas!. We're running up against the deadline here. Eight days left and so far we have two proposals submitted and only one mentor signed up. We can do better!
@ebrehault, @vangheem, @ramon, @b4oshany, you've all spoken up directly about mentoring. How about filling out the form to make it official? @robgietema, @sneridagh, @tisto, @cekk, @datakurre, you've all been mentioned as possible mentors. Care to step up to the plate once again? @djay, you've always got great ideas for projects. Would you care to mentor a student? @ajayns, @kakshay21, @Shriyanshagro, @nileshgulia1, you finished successful projects last year. How about stepping up and co-mentoring a project this year? It takes a village, folks!
We've got very interesting project ideas floating around in here. But they need fleshing out and writing up. Here's a list of the ideas I see floating around so far:
- plone import/export (already has a solid write-up, probably doesn't need more)
- vscode integration for plone/buildout
- GDPR search/export
- AureliaJS SDK/UI
- AngularJS Pastanaga frontend (Volto in Angular)
- REST API Evolution, versioning support, JSON LD/jsonapi, swagger 3
- Guillotina API for dynamic field sets (behavior support)
- Guillotina Object server in rust / rocksdb
- Guillotina glue for transmogrifier to support moving data between Plone/Guillotina
- Guillotina performance testing
- pip-based Plone installation
- GraphQL Implementation on top of REST API
None of these ideas has an official write up yet. The Import/Export idea had write-ups from last year, but these could use the same. Any idea that gets a solid write up can be a candidate for this year's listings, so let's get going and get some more ideas submitted.
Go Plonistas Go!