Dump of old plone.org tickets

Hi there,

This is not the first time I am confronted to a git log (or old svn log) message that only refers to a ticket number.

Which does not help to understand why a fix was written.

Do we have somewhere a readonly dump of the old issue tracker ?

https://archive.plone.org/

It's not online as TRAC instance anymore (even read-only) as it contains tons and tons of spam tickets/links. But zgrep should work on it.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, this gives access only to

Old PLIPS and open tickets from Trac, packed as tar.gz

In the case of log messages, it usually is a closed ticket :wink:

Have we kept a dump of the Trac database so that it would be possible to extract the closed tickets as well ? (I'd be happy to make that work if needed)

@polyester Any idea who did the archiving work ? So that I can contact him/her directly...

best shot would be @mauritsvanrees, I think. At least he also worked on the tarball. However, I'm not 100% sure there was even DB access at that point, so it might have been httrack-ed...

The trac instance did get regularly indexed by the Wayback machine, but that's not a scalable solution. You might get lucky on an individual ticket number, though.

From what I see in my mail archive(mail to @svx and Paul on 31 July 2016) , I only made some improvements to the tarball that was already there, and Sven put the improved version online. (I checked, and it is indeed the version I improved, making the pages clickable when they point to other tickets, mostly.) So I guess the original was either made by Sven or Paul, or someone else in the AI team at the time.

@gotcha we've suffered from this in the past: trying to get the motivation of an implementation but no luck. Some related topics:

@svx In [EOL] dev.plone.org you say that dumps will be kept. Do we still have them ? Who should I ask ?