Disagreements and agressiveness

@ida I think this is a case in which if you read Hector's message plainly it is not aggressive but factual. Please remember many of us are not native English speakers or writers, and it's impossible to guess (and therefore often a mistake to assume) the emotion or intent behind a written statement.

@tkimnguyen Iwould Really prefer factual conversations. "Is this the new way to collect points on SO", e.g. is one of the things I was confronted with on SO. Another experience was in the collective where a regression was introduced which coincidentally was one of my contributions. And I don't know if you saw the ticket, I don't think it's so hard to understand to wonder why a work in progress is silently deleted. At the issue, it's depicted like an unfortunate mistake, now it's an unwritten developer's law, ok fine, so we know, now.

But factually a contribution was deleted because it was mistaken as trash without even having a closer look and not bothering to be on the sure side by just pinging, if it was so urgent to remove it. Then accusing me to have done something wrong, that I wouldn't have written a comment and that it's all my fault while I just wanted to know what's going on.

In the https://community.plone.org/guidelines it says "Nothing sabotages a healthy conversation like rudeness". I consider this episode and a couple of others as extremely rude and it makes me wanna not participate. Which is of course not the intention.

I'm sorry @ida I have not been following individual issues or Stack Overflow.

If anyone feels that they have been the target of inappropriate, harrassing, or bullying behaviour or they have witnessed such behaviour, they should contact board@plone.org with details if possible.

As stated in the forum guidelines you can also flag a post for review by forum admins: "When you see bad behavior, don’t reply. It encourages the bad behavior by acknowledging it, consumes your energy, and wastes everyone’s time. Just flag it. If enough flags accrue, action will be taken, either automatically or by moderator intervention."

Thanks. Don't you think this way to communicate is rather rude and would like to give a statement about being a little deliberate couldn't harm (as a community-leader, I mean)? Concerning the factual level, I would really love to see more of that, completely agree with you.

I don't understand what you're referring to: Hector's replies, my replies, or having to contact the board for a Code of Conduct issue?

I don't like anyone being rude, and I have disappointed myself (and others) in the past when I got short with some people (when I didn't think they were being nice or when they seemed ungrateful for the help they were getting). Sometimes it's best to walk away for a while (30 minutes? a day?) and come back when we feel calmer.

We are a tight community and we need to remember we are in this together. It's far more fun to help each other and be positive.

I think I explained myself exhaustively enough in one of the post above, where parts of your questions are answered. And thank for your clear statement, that from your point of view, nothing rude happened. Good to know.