Zope 2 Resurrection Sprint, May 2nd to 5th (Germany)

(I am not involved in the organization - I will participate and would love to have many Plonistas joining the event in order to move the communities closer together - so let's start the advertisement)

The Zope Resurrection Sprint last year was an overwhelming success - nobody has expected that so many people are still interested in guiding Zope 2 into the Python 3 wonderland.

After a great progress during the Alpine City Sprint earlier this year, the biggest blocker RestrictedPython seems to be fixable now.

So it is time to get this done and to port Zope 2 and its remaining dependencies to Python 3. Let's follow the white rabbit and bring back home a Zope 4 release which is running on Python 3 as well as on Python 2.

The sprint is organized by Gocept GmbH/ Halle (Saale) (map).

3 Likes

Awesome sprint report!

bring back home a Zope 4 release which is running on Python 3 as well as on Python 2

OK, this makes me lol... all you need is to throw in a "Five" reference, and maybe a Six of Nine, and we're set.

1 Like

Perhaps this project should be named Ballerus

The existence of two incompatible Web frameworks called Zope has caused a lot of confusion. In response, in January 2010, Zope 3 was renamed "BlueBream".[6][7] "Zope" and "blue bream" are names of a kind of fish, ballerus ballerus.

Well, I think since it is still Zope2 the idea is to name it Zope 2 and give it version number 4.x (we now are for many years on the 2.x series). From what I know the idea is skipping number 3 because of the Zope 3 naming accident - which I appreciate.