Xml-rpc plone 5

does anyone have any information about xmlrpc to plone5?
I can't make a "query" call with "id-object" from java, to an instance of plone5.

Thank you so mutch

Plone has a REST API.

Check plone.restapi docs.

1 Like

OK thanks, but can you tell me if the xml-rpc is no longer valid in version 5?

Maybe you could show us how you’re trying this, and how it’s not working. Is there an error message?

I remember that there once was some with an XML RPC server in Zope 2...but this has all gone in Plone 5.2 and Zope 4. So the answer is no. Forget XMLRPC, switch to Plone RESTAPI now

2 Likes

XML-RPC support is still available in Plone 5. It was removed initially for Zope 4 which is used starting with Plone 5.2 but re-added before the final release of Zope 4. See https://github.com/zopefoundation/Zope/pull/290 for details.

I never ever use it in projects. You should indeed look at plone.restapi.

1 Like

I get this error:

*it.planetek.xmlrpcplone.XMLRPCPloneException: An error has occurred while performing the request*
*	at it.planetek.xmlrpcplone.XMLRPCForPlone.execute(XMLRPCForPlone.java:52)*
*	at geoer.scheduler.DownloadTask.getLayerInfo(DownloadTask.java:863)*
*	at geoer.scheduler.DownloadTask.execute(DownloadTask.java:180)*
*	at geoer.scheduler.DownloadJob.execute(DownloadJob.java:29)*
*	at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:223)*
*	at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:549)*
*Caused by: org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: Unexpected Zope exception: <class 'zExceptions.NotFound'> -  Site Error *
*	at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcStreamTransport.readResponse(XmlRpcStreamTransport.java:197)*
*	at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcStreamTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcStreamTransport.java:156)*
*	at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcHttpTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcHttpTransport.java:143)*
*	at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcSunHttpTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcSunHttpTransport.java:69)*
*	at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClientWorker.execute(XmlRpcClientWorker.java:56)*
*	at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:167)*
*	at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:137)*
*	at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:126)*
*	at it.planetek.xmlrpcplone.XMLRPCForPlone.execute(XMLRPCForPlone.java:50)*

when I call the "execute" method of the java class "XMLRPCForPlone", with these 3 parameters:
1.methodname= "query"
2.params= [{id=xxxx, Type=xxxx}]
3.authenticated= true

Please, post your error_log lines about this error.

1 Like

org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: Unexpected Zope exception: <class 'zExceptions.NotFound'> - Site Error *

In Plone, under zeocluster/var there should be a client1.log or a client1/event.log. The log you posted is from your java app.

60/5000

it comes from my app, when it tries to contact plone.

It looks like the URL you're requesting does not exist. So, there wont be an error about this on the Plone side in the logs.

On the Java side, increase logging to dump the requested URL.

As most in here said already: Switch better to plone.restapi - XMLRPC not supported very well any more.

1 Like