WebDav Problem under Windows 10

I know the following is not directly Plone, but has anyone the problem and/or a solution or idea?

If i updated a File in Plone via Webdav from a Windows 7 Client als is fine, but under Winodws 10 the old object is deleted an a new object is added. the problem: the state of the object ist now "private" because it's new :frowning:
In the apache Logfile i see a "DELETE" in the Request of the Win10 Client.
The goal: only update the filecontent without replace the original object.

Request from Windows 7 Client

[20/Feb/2020:10:04:56 +0100] "PROPFIND /Kiosk/sandbox/upload HTTP/1.1" 207 5611 "-" "Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/6.1.7601"
[20/Feb/2020:10:04:56 +0100] "PROPFIND /Kiosk/sandbox/upload HTTP/1.1" 207 2890 "-" "Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/6.1.7601"
[20/Feb/2020:10:04:56 +0100] "PROPFIND /Kiosk/sandbox/upload.pdf HTTP/1.1" 404 13961 "-" "Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/6.1.7601"
[20/Feb/2020:10:05:08 +0100] "GET /Kiosk/sandbox/upload/test.pdf HTTP/1.1" 200 85755 "-" "Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/6.1.7601"
[20/Feb/2020:10:05:08 +0100] "LOCK /Kiosk/sandbox/upload/test.pdf HTTP/1.1" 200 1146 "-" "Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/6.1.7601"
[20/Feb/2020:10:05:08 +0100] "UNLOCK /Kiosk/sandbox/upload/test.pdf HTTP/1.1" 204 0 "-" "Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/6.1.7601"
[20/Feb/2020:10:05:12 +0100] "HEAD /Kiosk/sandbox/upload/test.pdf HTTP/1.1" 200 485 "-" "Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/6.1.7601"
[20/Feb/2020:10:05:12 +0100] "PUT /Kiosk/sandbox/upload/test.pdf HTTP/1.1" 204 565 "-" "Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/6.1.7601"
[20/Feb/2020:10:05:12 +0100] "PROPPATCH /Kiosk/sandbox/upload/test.pdf HTTP/1.1" 207 1919 "-" "Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/6.1.7601"
[20/Feb/2020:10:05:12 +0100] "PROPFIND /Kiosk/sandbox/upload/test.pdf HTTP/1.1" 207 1930 "-" "Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/6.1.7601"
[20/Feb/2020:10:05:12 +0100] "GET /Kiosk/sandbox/upload/test.pdf HTTP/1.1" 200 89395 "-" "Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/6.1.7601"

Request from Windows 10 Client

[20/Feb/2020:10:06:08 +0100] "PROPFIND /Kiosk/sandbox/upload HTTP/1.1" 207 1589 "-" "Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/10.0.17763"
[20/Feb/2020:10:06:13 +0100] "PROPFIND /Kiosk/sandbox/upload/desktop.ini HTTP/1.1" 404 18126 "-" "Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/10.0.17763"
[20/Feb/2020:10:06:13 +0100] "PROPFIND /Kiosk/sandbox/upload HTTP/1.1" 207 7108 "-" "Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/10.0.17763"
[20/Feb/2020:10:06:19 +0100] "LOCK /Kiosk/sandbox/upload/test.pdf HTTP/1.1" 200 1133 "-" "Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/10.0.17763"
[20/Feb/2020:10:06:19 +0100] "GET /Kiosk/sandbox/upload/test.pdf HTTP/1.1" 200 89217 "-" "Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/10.0.17763"
[20/Feb/2020:10:06:19 +0100] "UNLOCK /Kiosk/sandbox/upload/test.pdf HTTP/1.1" 204 0 "-" "Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/10.0.17763"
[20/Feb/2020:10:06:20 +0100] "DELETE /Kiosk/sandbox/upload/test.pdf HTTP/1.1" 204 480 "-" "Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/10.0.17763"
[20/Feb/2020:10:06:21 +0100] "PUT /Kiosk/sandbox/upload/test.pdf HTTP/1.1" 201 976 "-" "Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/10.0.17763"
[20/Feb/2020:10:06:22 +0100] "LOCK /Kiosk/sandbox/upload/test.pdf HTTP/1.1" 200 1135 "-" "Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/10.0.17763"
[20/Feb/2020:10:06:22 +0100] "PROPPATCH /Kiosk/sandbox/upload/test.pdf HTTP/1.1" 207 1419 "-" "Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/10.0.17763"
[20/Feb/2020:10:06:23 +0100] "HEAD /Kiosk/sandbox/upload/test.pdf HTTP/1.1" 401 0 "-" "Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/10.0.17763"
[20/Feb/2020:10:06:23 +0100] "HEAD /Kiosk/sandbox/upload/test.pdf HTTP/1.1" 200 751 "-" "Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/10.0.17763"
[20/Feb/2020:10:06:23 +0100] "PUT /Kiosk/sandbox/upload/test.pdf HTTP/1.1" 204 539 "-" "Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/10.0.17763"
[20/Feb/2020:10:06:23 +0100] "PROPPATCH /Kiosk/sandbox/upload/test.pdf HTTP/1.1" 207 1595 "-" "Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/10.0.17763"
[20/Feb/2020:10:06:23 +0100] "UNLOCK /Kiosk/sandbox/upload/test.pdf HTTP/1.1" 204 0 "-" "Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/10.0.17763"
[20/Feb/2020:10:06:24 +0100] "OPTIONS /Kiosk/sandbox/upload HTTP/1.1" 200 4855 "-" "Mozilla/3.0 (compatible; Acrobat Annots 19.12.20036 )"

I have investigated a little bit more. It only happens if i overwrite the file from the Office-Suite by using the "Save as" Dialog. If i copy the local file via windows explorer to the mounted network-resources (the plone folder via webdav) a normal "update" without deleteprocess happens.

Has this ever worked reliabily under any Windows version?

Yes, under Windows 7 :wink:

Jan via Plone Community wrote at 2020-2-20 09:32 +0000:

If i updated a File in Plone via Webdav from a Windows 7 Client als is fine, but under Winodws 10 the old object is deleted an a new object is added. the problem: the state of the object ist now "private" because it's new :frowning:
In the apache Logfile i see a "DELETE" in the Request of the Win10 Client.
The goal: only update the filecontent without replace the original object.

This is outside of Plone's control: if the WebDAV client decides
to implement "update" by "delete + create", Plone cannot change this.
You might be able to tell the WebDAV client not to work in this way
(it is quite stupid).

You may change the workflow: usually, you would use WebDAV
with file like objects; maybe, you can assign a one state workflow
to that type.

If the objects you want to update via WebDAV are located
in a special area, Products.CMFPlacefulWorkflow may be of help.
It allows you to locally control the workflow associated with types.

Plone Foundation Code of Conduct