Using the sharing tab?

I am currently using Plone 4.3.18 with Zope 2.3.28. I added a user Modine Gunch. I added two folders IPT Reviewers and IPT Group. I open the share tab on IPT Reviewers and added Modine Gunch. When I open the IPT Group folder and select the sharing tab Modine Gunch is there. I did not share the folder with her.

I am trying to set up folders and only add specific users/groups to the folders. I only want them to be able to see the folder they are assigned to when they are logged in and not have access to things that are not assigned to by sharing. Any help will be very much appreciated.

You need to have the folders in Private (or similar) state.

If you still got some rights that should not be there, it probably means that you inherited rights from parent folder. Is IPT Group folder inside some other folder ? Have you 'shared the root folder' ?

Thank you , Espen for responding. Yes, the IPT Folder is in the root folder. Is there a way to fix the IPT Folder so it does not inherit the rights from the root folder?

Try this:

1. Add a new user ( 'Mr bobbob'). Make him just 'member'
  2. Add a new user ('Mr foofigher'). Make him just 'member'
  3. Add a new folder 'bobbob-folder'. Do not publish it
  4. Add a new document in bobbobfolder. Do not publish it
  5. Share the folder 'bobbob-folder' with Mr bobbob. Giv him read (etc) rights.
  6. Log out, log in as mr foofigher. You should not see the folder.
  7. Log out and log in as mr bobbob. You should see the folder and the document.
1 Like

Thank you, Espen. I will try that and let you know how it goes. I very much appreciate your help