Use Nuclia search across all Plone properties

Hello there,
I am writing to express my interest in the "Use Nucula search across all Plone properties" project for GSoC 2023. I have reviewed the project description and I am excited about the potential of contributing to this effort.

I have already gone through the resources available in various places.
I am also sharing these resources for other aspirants who may be interested in contributing to this project:

I would love to hear more details about the project from the mentors involved, especially from @stevepiercy, @ksuess, and @ebrehault. Could you please share more information on the expected outcomes?

Regardless of whether this project is selected for GSoC, I am interested in contributing to the Plone community and would love to get involved with this project. Please let me know how I can contribute and how I can get started.

Thank you for your time and consideration😊.

1 Like

Hi @MAX-786 !

I can suggest you check the Nuclia documentation: https://docs.nuclia.dev/
(if you want to run the examples, you can create a free account on https://nuclia.cloud/).

The objective of the project is to hook the pages indexing in the Plone doc and Plone training sites deployment, so I also suggest you check how these 2 sites are built and deployed (see GitHub - plone/documentation: Plone Documentation and GitHub - plone/training: Plone Trainings).

1 Like

I wonder if we should include this Community Forum in the Nuclia search index? It seldom shows up in search engine results for me.

At some point, we (the GSoC mentors and other interested parties who are involved with any Nuclia search on Plone properties) should chat to define detailed tasks. I am not sure who that would be.

FYI, @MAX-786 has been making several contributions to Plone 6 Documentation, including a new keyboard shortcut to place focus on the search input field.

2 Likes

I wonder if we should include this Community Forum in the Nuclia search index?

Yes I think that would be great! Discourse has an API and NucliaDB has a Conversation field type which will be perfect for that (as it allows to link questions to answers, so once indexed, if someone asks a question similar to an existing one, Nuclia will be able to retrieve the actual answer).

I am not totally sure how much work it does if we want to cover docs+training+community, but I guess it could fit.

FYI, @MAX-786 has been making several contributions to Plone 6 Documentation, including a new keyboard shortcut to place focus on the search input field.

Nice!

1 Like

Thanks! for your response😊. I will definitely take a look at the Nuclia documentation and create a free account on nuclia to run the examples.

At some point, we (the GSoC mentors and other interested parties who are involved with any Nuclia search on Plone properties) should chat to define detailed tasks. I am not sure who that would be.

Hello @stevepiercy, I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to express my interest in working on this project which was mentioned in the GSOC Ideas list. After reviewing the project description and requirements, I believe that I have the skills and knowledge necessary to make meaningful contributions to the project.

I have started with the documentations of Nuclia as @ebrehault mentioned in the reply to @MAX-786. Please let me know if there are any additional steps I need to take to be considered for the project. I am eager to learn more about the project and the goals you have in mind.

Thank you for your time and consideration😊.

Beyond what has already been discussed in this topic, you will need to apply to GSoC and submit a proposal. See https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/

Thank You, @stevepiercy, I have submitted the proposal on this project to GSOC and looking for any reviews or improvements that I need to do with my proposal. Thanks a lot @stevepiercy for your time and consideration :smiling_face:.

Dear @stevepiercy,

Thank you for taking the time to review my proposal and provide feedback.

I wanted to update you on my progress with the GSoC proposal. I have carefully reviewed the feedback you provided and have made the requested changes to my proposal. I have now submitted the revised version of the proposal through the GSoC's contributor site.

I would be grateful if you could take a look at my revised proposal and provide any further feedback or suggestions you may have. Your guidance and support are greatly appreciated, and I am committed to making any additional improvements you may suggest.

Again, thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Although we say on the Ideas page:

As a GSoC applicant, please direct your questions to the community forum. Do not use any other contact method, as doing so may harm your chances of acceptance into the program by demonstrating your unwillingness to follow instructions.

The GSoC feedback stage should be via private email between the mentors and candidates. We should clarify that up front now, and for future years. @ebrehault would you please amend that? Thank you!

• discussions about proposals, questions about proposals should happen in public (community.plone.org)
  • feedback on individual reviews through private email
1 Like