Uploading files & folders from a form

Hello. New Plone user here. I'm thinking of using Plone for a project I'm working on, but I think my end users will find Plone overly complex. Here is my use case:

I have a folder called Suppliers. In that folder I'd like a form where someone can create a new supplier with the following fields: Supplier Name and a list of tags (with the option to create new). On submitting the form, I'd like a new folder created with the tag.

I've already found and tried with collective.easyform, but can't find any help for the custom script feature which is what I think I need.

Ideally, something like Google Drive, Sharepoint level ease of use, would be great.

Thanks

Sounds like a content type with only title and tags to me.
If you make one based on a Container then you'll have what you need.

Strange, when I try to add or clone anything on Site Setup, Dexterity Content Types, the dialogue windows just hangs. Is this a bug?

I dont think you want to do this.

If you want to clone a content type, do it in the Dexterity Control panel .

Basically, you dont want to do anything in /manage or /manage_main unless you know Plone very well.

PS: You should google this forum. The same question has been asked a few times before.

I'm in here:

http://localhost:8080/Plone/@@dexterity-types

Sorry, my wrong. I misunderstood the answer.

I have not seen that it hangs before (at the control panel). Do you get any javascript or other errors.
Can you start the site in debug mode and check?

Does this also happen if you add a new Plone site with 'nothing in it' ?

Thanks Espen. I think the error is because I had the collective.sidebar installed (via tokyo theme). That was another thing that took some figuring out - to get the normal toolbar back. By chance I uninstalled the tokyo theme and that worked. Here is the error message:

2021-10-05 10:03:54,260 ERROR [Zope.SiteErrorLog:252][waitress-3] 1633424634.25996850.034605462319555635 http://localhost:8080/Plone/dexterity-types/Collection/@@clone
Traceback (innermost last):
Module ZPublisher.WSGIPublisher, line 168, in transaction_pubevents
Module transaction._manager, line 257, in commit
Module transaction._manager, line 134, in commit
Module transaction._transaction, line 282, in commit
Module transaction._compat, line 49, in reraise
Module transaction._transaction, line 273, in commit
Module transaction._transaction, line 456, in _commitResources
Module transaction._compat, line 49, in reraise
Module transaction._transaction, line 430, in _commitResources
Module ZODB.Connection, line 497, in commit
Module ZODB.Connection, line 546, in _commit
Module ZODB.Connection, line 578, in _store_objects
Module ZODB.serialize, line 430, in serialize
Module ZODB.serialize, line 439, in _dump
_pickle.PicklingError: Can't pickle <class 'collective.sidebar.interfaces.ICollectiveSidebarLayer'>: import of module 'collective.sidebar.interfaces' failed

Did you uninstall the theme from the control panel and change theme in the control panel to 'default Barceloneta' ?

You should do this before removing the add-on from buildout (if that is what you did).