Upgrade jquery in resource registry in plone 5.2.1

Hi,

I'm still trying to upgrade jquery in plone. I don't want to have 2 different versions loading, so I just want to upgrade the version that plone is currently using. Please can someone help me. I'm trying to use the TTW resource registry. I have replaced all the instances of the stock jquery version with a cdn version, and it still is loading the old version.

Furthermore, I cannot for the life of me run plone-compile-resources -b plone

I keep getting
File "/var/www/intranet/buildout-cache/eggs/Zope-4.1.3-py3.6.egg/OFS/ObjectManager.py", line 837, in __getitem__ raise KeyError(key) KeyError: 'Plone'

I don't know what to do. The documentation is very confusing.
Thanks

Why do you assume this is going to be an easy task? Plone has a lot of JavaScript which uses JQuery - upgrading JQuery without going through all of that will cause issues.

I'd honestly suggest finding something else to fix.

Aside from @djowett's remarks: you are only passing in the argument for the bundle name. But the script needs to read the resource registry configuration from a Plone site in your Zope server to know which bundles/resources to create. The KeyError suggests it tries to find site 'Plone'. Did you name your Plone site different, like id 'plone' or 'plone_portal'? use the -s argument. plone-compile-resources --help is also available.

1 Like