Unknown sort_on index (relevance)

I've recently upgraded to Plone 4.3.12 from an old 3.x site and have been noticing errors as Google crawls my site along the lines of:

CatalogError: Unknown sort_on index (relevance)

these from the /search_rss template, so Products.CMFPlone-4.3.12-py2.7.egg/Products/CMFPlone/browser/syndication/templates/search-rss.pt

I thought it was some problem with migration of the catalog, but on trying out a fresh Plone 4.3.12 installation (via docker run -p 8080:8080 plone:4), I can trigger the same error.

For example, if I browse to a user's page (/author/someuser) and then follow the link to search for all content created by that user, I get to /search?Creator=someuser&sort_on=created&sort_order=reverse. I can then select the "sort by relevance" link to go to /@@search?sort_on=relevance&Creator=someuser, from where I can click on the RSS feed to get /search_rss?sort_on=relevance&Creator=someuser, which gives the CatalogError.

Now that I know it's not my fault, I'm less worried, but it would be good to track this down.

If this isn't already filed in https://github.com/plone/Products.CMFPlone/issues would you mind creating a new issue?

new issue filed:

this seems to be related with this new feature:

besides that, it's a bad idea to let crawlers access the search form of your site as this consumes a lot of resources from your server.

you better add a line with Disallow: /@@search to your robots.txt file.

1 Like