I'm a complete dummy on Plone and my question will fully demonstrate it!
I'm looking for a tool that is mixing the Content Management and the document management, as basically I would like to create an intranet that will contains all the relevant documents needed for showing our processes but also explaining them with smart links, and at the same moment allow to work directly on the documents through the same interface.
So the requirements of my request are:
- Direct integration with office tools (MSOffice but also LibreOffice would be appreciable).
- An integration (like a cloud) with windows would be a nice
- A versionning (with Major/Minor/Patch numbering) keeping all versions accessible
- Customizable validation process
- Digital signature for the validation with regular reminders
- Easy editing with layout including (plus the basics)
- multi-area clickable pictures (this is mainly when describing a flow (flowchart or swimlane) - we are using a V model for the project management, I would like by clicking on the "phase box" to open directly the page describing the wanted phase)
- to have mutli column or simple columns on the same page.
- to have for a multi-column a continous flow in between the columns (nice to have)
In addition to those items I would need a fix URL for each item (whatever it is a page or a document) to allow to link those elements from an external tool (or even within a document)
So in short I'm looking for an hybrid tool that mix the power of Wordpress and the flow management of Alfresco (to name only those one).
I've been told that Plone is able to manage most of those features, but I was not able (with my too few trials) to succeed on having them.
So my questions are :
- Is Plone the right tool? - which I hope
- what are the plug-ins needed to achieve it?
Thank you for your help