Support the Plone Foundation when you shop at Amazon

If you shop at Amazon.com, please consider using Amazon Smile instead, at https://smile.amazon.com

It doesn't cost you anything but Amazon donates a (small) percentage of your purchase cost to the charity you designate, and you can designate the Plone Foundation.

The Foundation does need your financial support, so every little bit helps!

I just supported my favorite charity by shopping @AmazonSmile. #YouShopAmazonGives https://smile.amazon.com

3 Likes

@tkimnguyen Wow, I think it's cool that Amazon does that. I finally got the chance to add Plone to my AmazonSmile charity and will make purchases from smile.amazon.com going forward.

I was just thinking that a link to this forum thread could be added somewhere on the Frontpage that shows up after installation for more visibility:

I can add a link that says "Support the Plone Foundation when you shop at Amazon" and submit a pull request if you approve. A link back to this thread from somewhere on the Plone.org sponsorship page could also help.

1 Like

Thanks @sgrepos - hopefully for you you don't spend too much money with Amazon, and hopefully for the Plone Foundation you do :wink:

There is only so much we want to put on the default front page of a new Plone site, otherwise we inundate the reader.

Instead of linking to this discussion, I will likely just update the plone.org/sponsors and plone.org/foundation pages.

2 Likes

hopefully for you you don't spend too much money with Amazon, and hopefully for the Plone Foundation you do

@tkimnguyen Of course, it'll mainly be for the Plone Foundation--I'll be spoiling myself with Amazon purchases for a good cause :wink:

There is only so much we want to put on the default front page of a new Plone site, otherwise we inundate the reader.

Instead of linking to this discussion, I will likely just update the All Our Sponsors and Plone Foundation pages.

Ok, that sounds good. I understand, there definitely is already a lot going on with the default page.

Hi @tkimnguyen,

I got mail from Amazon Smile that the Plone Foundation needs to supply bank account information.
Is this something you could check? Thanks!

"""
You are receiving this email because the AmazonSmile charity you are supporting, Plone Foundation (EIN: 56-2468025), has not provided AmazonSmile with its bank account information and therefore we have been unable to issue AmazonSmile donations to this organization. We have also reached out to Plone Foundation (EIN: 56-2468025) to request registration completion to enable receipt of donations.

Since we have not successfully been able to issue the donations based on your previous AmazonSmile purchases, we have been holding these donations.
""'

I will try to get to the bottom of it. I don't know who set it up in the first place, but yeah.

I just got a similar mail from Amazon:

You are receiving this email because the AmazonSmile charity you are supporting, Plone Foundation (EIN: 56-2468025), has not provided AmazonSmile with its bank account information and therefore we have been unable to issue AmazonSmile donations to this organization. We have also reached out to Plone Foundation (EIN: 56-2468025) to request registration completion to enable receipt of donations.

Since we have not successfully been able to issue the donations based on your previous AmazonSmile purchases, we have been holding these donations. You have until 08/09/19 to select a different charity to support and Amazon will issue the donation amount generated as a result of your previous purchases to the new charity you select. If you do not select a different charitable organization to support by 08/09/19 we will reallocate the donation amount proportionately to other fully-registered AmazonSmile charities in the next quarterly donation disbursement cycle.

1 Like

I have registered a new account as an organization to provide and verify the Plone Foundation's bank account information. There is one more step required to verify it, but the process is under way. Thank you all for reminding us to do this! I will report back.

1 Like

Thanks to our friendly treasurer Jen Myers, I've just uploaded to AmazonSmile the document they needed for verification. I will let you know what happens.

We have 11 supporters who have designated the Plone Foundation for their 0.5% of purchase price donations through smile.amazon.org. In the past 90 days, there have been 9 items purchased through this program.

It's not much, but it's a start...

Please sign up at http://smile.amazon.org/ and designate the Plone Foundation as the recipient of your donations!

Dear Charity Administrator,

This email is to notify you that Plone Foundation (EIN: 56-2468025) has been issued a $9.84 donation from the AmazonSmile Foundation as a result of AmazonSmile program activity between July 1 and Sept 30, 2019. The donation was deposited to your organization's bank account on or before November 14, 2019. It may take several days for the donation to appear in the account.