Simple Plone Buildout (Windows) : no Add-on-eggs picked?

Hello,

I want to migrate my Plone 4 / Windows to Plone 5 / Windows.

To test Add-ons, I installed Simple Plone Buildout / Plone 5.0.8 on a Windows-Test-PC.
But when I added two Add-on-eggs in the original buildout.cfg (Simple Plone Buildout)...:

[buildout]
index = Simple index

extends = profiles/testing.cfg

eggs += products.windowz

[instance]
eggs += ftw.calendar

...only the egg in the [instance]-section (ftw.calendar) was picked, not the egg in the [buildout]-section (products.windowz):

PS C:\plone\simple-plone-buildout> env\Scripts\buildout
Not upgrading because not running a local buildout command.
Uninstalling instance.
Unused options for buildout: 'eggs'.
Updating mr.developer.
Installing instance.
c:\plone\simple-plone-buildout\env\lib\site-packages\pkg_resources_init
.py:187: RuntimeWarning: You have iterated over the result of pkg_resources.parse_version. This is a legacy behavior which is inconsistent with the new version class introduced in setuptools 8.0. In most cases, conversion to a tuple is unnecessary. For comparison of versions, sort the Version instances directly. If you have another use case requiring the tuple, please file a bug with the setuptools project describing that need.
stacklevel=1,
Getting distribution for 'ftw.calendar'.
warning: no previously-included files matching '.pyc' found anywhere in distribution
warning: no previously-included files matching '._
' found anywhere in distribution
Got ftw.calendar 3.1.0.
Getting distribution for 'simplejson==3.8.2'.
simplejson.tests.init: module references file
Got simplejson 3.8.2.
Generated script 'C:\plone\simple-plone-buildout\bin\instance'.
Generated interpreter 'C:\plone\simple-plone-buildout\parts\instance\bin\interpreter'.
Updating checkinterval.
Updating z3c.offlinepack.
PS C:\plone\simple-plone-buildout>

products.windowz and ftw.calendar are Plone 5 compatible. I added them also for testing in testing.cfg, release.cfg, base.cfg, but the behavior was the same: only the egg in the [instance]-section was picked, not the egg in the [buildout]-section.
So what am I doing wrong?

I think you mis-spelled the name (at least if it is this: GitHub - collective/Products.windowZ: windowZ provides a new content type, named Window, that is similar to the content type Link, but it shows the provided relative or absolute URL inside an iFrame rendered as a Plone page. )

Maybe 'Capital letters do not matter on Windows.
Also: all the eggs should be added to the same section of buildout.cfg, like here: minimalplone5/buildout.cfg at master · collective/minimalplone5 · GitHub

AFAIK case insensitivity depends on Pypi servers, not on the operating system.

modifying profiles/testing.cfg in simple-buildout like this:

[instance]
eggs += 
   colleCtivE.glOSSarY
   cOLLeCtive.AMBIDEXTeritY

produces:

Getting distribution for 'colleCtivE.glOSSarY'.
warning: no previously-included files matching '*.pyc' found anywhere in distribution
Got collective.glossary 1.0b1.
Getting distribution for 'cOLLeCtive.AMBIDEXTeritY'.
warning: no previously-included files matching '*.pyc' found anywhere in distribution
Got collective.ambidexterity 1.0.

forgot to add that was tested under Linux.

The eggs option in the [buildout] section does nothing on its own. Some other section needs to refer to it, otherwise it is ignored.

[buildout
eggs =
    one

[instance]
recipe = some.recipe
eggs =
    ${buildout:eggs}
    two

In this case, both one and two end up in the instance, and you can add extra eggs to either of of the eggs options.

I normally don't use an eggs option in [buildout], but only in the part where it is really used, like [instance]. But there can always be sane reasons to use it anyway.

Thanks to all!

It works:

[instance]
eggs +=
ftw.calendar
products.windowz