PSA: store.plone.org Now Open

Hey all,

I just ordered my official PloneConf 2021 T-Shirt at https://store.plone.org - to be delivered just in time for the conference.

fdb019culbllikaswcp0rrqvgnlyqd85w9uhmcfjg42ysifw.png eczpmemhley3jqtfdjmhapbylheufcjjhhkfysjlhzvfy58d.png

The shop was built on the TeeMill platform by the Plone Marketing Team, and we will be adding more Plone themed gear over the coming weeks and months. A news item, tweets and other more official announcements will surely follow soon. As we made an extra effort to bring the site online before the conference, and shipping from the UK (to Germany in my case) might take from 4 to 9 days, you might want to order yours ASAP...

Just a side note: the Plone Foundation provides all items in the store without any markup. All clothing items are high quality certified organic products, made from post-consumer remanufactured organic cotton and organic cotton in a renewable energy powered factory audited for a wide range of social and sustainability criteria.

Norbert

8 Likes

I love the back of the 2021 shirt!

1 Like

Slightly off-topic but relating to supporting the Plone foundation. Will, there be a method/way to donate to the foundation say via reoccurrence? I do a monthly donation to the Document Foundation (for the past 3? years). I would like to do the same for Plone.

That’d be super awesome, Eric! We do have a way to set up recurring monthly donations…but now I’m not seeing where (!). Let me get back to you!

1 Like

That nice design came from @jensens and is a variant of the series we use on the PloneConf website.

2 Likes

Somebody is going to whine over this and get the responses why he/she is complaining , so let it be me then.

I applaud all the effort but WHY pick a merchandise store outside of the EU or the US so that there are relatively high costs for transport ($8,50 for mail to Europe) and added customs delays for almost everybody world wide?

There are not many companies offering print on demand combined with ecological + environment friendly together with good working conditions in their delivery chain - so, its passing the @polyester testing conditions.

IMO the base prices are OK enough to pay some extra money for shipping.
Also, we have community outside EU/US and Teemill delivers to most countries worldwide.

4 Likes

@mtrebron that's awesome!!! Thank you for your work on this!

1 Like

What I was a bit afraid of happened: Dutch post charges me an extra separate $8,80/€7,66 , because Teemill didn't do any customs handling/clearance for their $8,50 sending fee when shipping outside the UK.

That's a rather expensive Plone Conference t-shirt (€33,40).

Phew, that are bad news! I would expect Teemill to participate at IOSS
@mtrebron any chance to poke 'em to improve here?

1 Like

I am still waiting on delivery myself. Would like to suggest that we collect experiences from all of you who ordered items right here in this thread, and that I then open an issue with points that we need Teemill to improve on.

2 Likes

Got it today! For 2 T-Shirts 4.88 Euro tax is ok (usual 20% in Austria). But additionally I had to pay 5 Euro for the customs service by Austrian Postal Service. This fee is independent of the package value and would be the same for 1 shirt or more (unless the complete value is below 150 Euro). The fee could be avoided if Teemill would just use the electronic IOSS platform to declare and pay everything.

2 Likes

I finally got mine today, also 2 T-Shirts, customs tax of 3,31 € but additional 6,00 € fee for the German Post.

The quality of the shirts is good, the price is ok. It would be awesome if the delivery and customs could be avoided by electronic IOSS platform usage by Teemill.

4 Likes

I love the merch and don't mean to be a pest but, is it possible to offer zip-up hoodies? some of us biz-professionals have to wear ties... I love zip-ups.

1 Like

We received some designs from past conferences. Am planning to update the store with those designs over the weekend. Will make a list of the various items that could be made and post here.

1 Like

I am in IT also because I am not expected to wear ties...

But +1 for some biz-friendly stuff.

That said I have two stacks of Plone T-Shirts. More than enough.

1 Like

I would buy a stack of Plone Logo embroidered polo shirts if they had those..

Alas, here is what they offer for men: basic, longline, longsleeve and baseball T-Shirts, crew neck sweater, hoodie, vest (a sleeveless t-shirt, good if you're a lumberjack I guess), shorts (trainers), and finally jogging pants. Women's is a similar range, with a few more variations (e.g. boxy, 3/4 or v-neck t-shirts).

Edit: I uploaded a bunch of previous PloneConf designs: PloneConf "Noir" - Vintage Reissue

3 Likes

Ooh, tempting. I lost my barcelona tshirt, it's grey color probably got it on the wrong stack sometime in the past when sorting out old clothes.

But I'll wait at least until Teemill has its European subsidiary mess sorted out.

1 Like

I just discovered the subliminal Plone dots in the mosaic :smile:

2 Likes

Wow that's cool that we could get new t-shirts with old conference designs...