POSKeyError: 'No blob file' and gracefulblobmissing

Hello everyone,
I have a question regarding installation of the patch for Plone. I see that experimental.gracefulblobmissing 0.5.0 can help me with my problems that occurred when trying to re-index catalog. But I am not an expert for python so not sure how to use this. Can someone please help. I have Plone 508 installed in Windows server 2008 R2. Plone is installed using buildout.

This documentation will help you https://docs.plone.org/manage/installing/installing_addons.html

Installing Addons using buildout.

Hey Michael,

I am a Zope user not using Plone, but I was curious to see the instructions especially regarding buildout.

So I had a look at the linked page and saw the the link there to copying a Plone site. I just want to mention - in case it is not obvious - that, for the purpose of a quick test, that's a pretty complicated process.

Back in the day, I leased 'bare-metal' servers but now I think many of us use cloud servers, and on Digital Ocean for example, one can simply create a snapshot then a new droplet to replicate a machine with a couple of clicks. Even a powerful virtual server can be created and destroyed an hour later for nearly no cost. I think the maintainers of that doc page might add a remark to that effect near the top of the page. Again - in case it's not obvious!

My 2ยข...