Portlet editing text: save hangs after switching to/from x-web-textile

Whenever I switch to x-web-textile editing in a portlet, I cannot save the changes. The page just hangs, showing the rotating progress animation.

The page becomes unresponsive and the only thing I can do is go back to the previous page. However, the change is never saved.

This happens in both the development (localhost) and the production environment.

I tried switching to the default theme, but that did not change this behavior.

How can I solve this issue?

[EDIT]
I'm using Firefox 61.0.1. I'll try Chromium and report back.
Plone 5.0.8
Editing a page in x-web-textile is no problem.

Chromium had the same problem.

Console output:

default.js:2476 Usage of the mockup-patterns-base pattern is deprecated and it will eventually be removed.Instead, use pat-base and explicitly set parser to 'mockup' when calling extend.
default.js:2475 patterns.Patternslib Base: This pattern without a name attribute will not be registered!
:8080/PloneSite/en/++plone++static/components/tinymce-builded/js/tinymce/langs/en.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
:8080/PloneSite/en/++plone++static/components/tinymce-builded/js/tinymce/langs/en_EN.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
logged-in.js:22 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'save' of undefined
    at HTMLFormElement.<anonymous> (logged-in.js:22)
    at HTMLFormElement.dispatch (default.js:4)
    at HTMLFormElement.b.dispatch (default.js:2478)
    at HTMLFormElement.r.handle (default.js:4)
    at Object.trigger (default.js:4)
    at HTMLFormElement.<anonymous> (default.js:4)
    at Function.each (default.js:2)
    at m.fn.init.each (default.js:2)
    at m.fn.init.trigger (default.js:4)
    at d.handleFormAction (default.js:2481)

Any ideas?

Although I haven't upgraded (using Plone 5.0.8) this bug looks the same: TinyMCE broken after upgrade to 5.1.2

Is there an alternative way to edit Portlets HTML code?

As a workaround: disable TinyMCE:
Site Setup > Editing > Default Editor = None

hi @schoelje. I had the same problem, I tell you and I give feedback, because your comment guided me a lot, I am about to propous that the "x-web-textile" view be deleted or handled differently, since in the editor there is an option that makes the same, but the difference is that this option does not "break" things, I leave you a gif with my proposal

Version:

• Plone 5.1.6 (5116)
  • CMF 2.2.13
  • Zope 2.13.29
  • Python 2.7.15+ (default, Oct 7 2019, 17:39:04) [GCC 7.4.0]
  • PIL 5.2.0 (Pillow)
1 Like

I agree this alternative because the iframe of tinymce disappear when change editor between text/html and text/x-web-textile. This cause the error in collective.cover RichText tile too.

I think you have the same problem in Mosaic

Thanks Jorge, I was already used to coding html but your way is a lot easier.

1 Like