Plone SQLAlchemy Postgres connection error

I tried to connect with postgres in zope MI using SQLAlchemy but the error arises when add button is clicked .

id:postgres
title: postgres
DNS: postgres://uname:pwd@localhost:5432/Plone1
Encoding: UTF-8

Error:

Site Error

An error was encountered while publishing this resource.

Debugging Notice

Zope has encountered a problem publishing your object.

Cannot locate object at: http://localhost:8080/manage_addProduct/SQLAlchemyDA/manage_addTextIndexNG3

Troubleshooting Suggestions

• The URL may be incorrect.
  • The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
  • A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an error.

For more detailed information about the error, please refer to the error log.

If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank you for your patience.

Hi,
see -> Unable to create SQLAlchemyDA

And I think SQLAlchemyDA is unmaintened (last pypi update "Jun 30, 2015")

Please use:

The bug is obviously fixed in the repository but there is no release with the fix..either grab the code from the repository or find someone making a release. I am the original author and maintainer but I don't have time to work on a release...but the fix is there...

can u give me the link to that repository

Can you guide me through the steps to connect or can you suggest me some tutorials page

https://pypi.org/project/collective.saconnect/ is a good start

If you have any further questions do not hesitate to ask here :slight_smile:

Site Error

Error Type: LocationError
Error Value: ({'username': 'postgres', 'extension_options': {'initial_state': 'invalidated'}, 'DSN': 'postgres://postgres:postgres@localhost:5432/postgres', 'host': 'localhost', 'twophase': False, 'session_options': {}, 'drivername': 'postgres', 'password': u'postgres', 'dbname': 'postgres', 'engine_options': {'convert_unicode': 0, 'encoding': 'UTF-8'}, 'url': postgres://postgres:***@localhost:5432/postgres, 'transactional': True, 'port': 5432, 'dsn': 'postgres://postgres:postgres@localhost:5432/postgres'}, '?k')

I get this error the previous was gone .
1)Is my dsn correct : postgres://postgres:postgres@localhost:5432/postgres
2) I couldnt find the CHANGES.rst and setup.py ... can u give me its location

Site Error

Error Type: LocationError
Error Value: ({‘username’: ‘postgres’, ‘extension_options’: {‘initial_state’: ‘invalidated’}, ‘DSN’: ‘postgres://postgres:postgres@localhost:5432/postgres’, ‘host’: ‘localhost’, ‘twophase’: False, ‘session_options’: {}, ‘drivername’: ‘postgres’, ‘password’: u’postgres’, ‘dbname’: ‘postgres’, ‘engine_options’: {‘convert_unicode’: 0, ‘encoding’: ‘UTF-8’}, ‘url’: postgres://postgres:***@localhost:5432/postgres, ‘transactional’: True, ‘port’: 5432, ‘dsn’: ‘postgres://postgres:postgres@localhost:5432/postgres’}, ‘?k’)

I get this error the previous was gone .

I couldnt follow the steps can u guide me through the steps

Please provide a full traceback, format your output properly and stop with throwing error snippets at our heads. This is both annoying and unhelpful. And stop behaving like an *****.

Thanks for the help I was able to make some progress.

I have got location error while providing
DSN: postgres://postgres:postgres@localhost:5432/dbname

Full traceback, please...we are asking you this every time...perhaps take your time and write meaningfull postings..