We’re still shooting for an end-of-November launch!
Attending: Paul, Coen, Fulvio, Rob, Victor, Kim
New to Plone Page
Feedback from Communication/Marketing Team on the “New to Plone” page was that it should include links to:
- Install Plone
- Beginners tutorial
- Community help
- Local Users Groups
- include report a bug? (direct to github)
- report documentation fixes (this may be a post-launch addition—have to talk to Sven)
- what do people get when they sign up? Badges. They can submit events.
- Do they get a badge for having signed a contributor agreement?
- what do people want to contribute to? who handles that information and follows up? a "community intake" person?
- Discussion about Installing Plone vs Trying Online vs Sven's appliance
- use font awesome for icons
Plone “Community” (former Team) Page
C/M team also suggested another landing page to invite people to the Plone Community. It should include:
- Plone teams and description
- how to join teams and/or contribute to Plone
- no badges on this page because they're very similar
- three columns to contrast with the previous page (2 columns)
- can add rows to show more teamswhat do links take you to if you click on them?
- maybe need a team detail page and a contact form to allow someone to contact a team or a team leader
- consider foundation members to be members of a team and show a badge for them; just show directory info
Feedback from the Communication/Marketing Team on Homepage Sliders were to:
- Repurpose some of the Plone 5 posters
- Create an “advertisment” for plone.com because lots people not aware of this awesome new resource
- Include one or two conference group photos
- add a button under The Ultimate Enterprise CMS to say "Check out Plone.com"T
- ext on all of these pages is open to editing/writing.
- Tooltips are possible for each of these navigational elements.
- No slider anymore on front page (accessibility problem, need for nice photography that we can't fulfill easily, use up screen space)
- "Get the latest Plone" would stay where it is.Conference and/or two upcoming events would be at bottom right corner.
- change footer: "Developers" -> "Contribute"
- Working but we need to fix some issues: User search (enumerateUsers plugin) does not work, required for c.workspaces and grant local permissions etc…Users now are Github id numbers too, we should overcome this
- Paul ran into a bug logging in; Jens!
- Victor: searching by something other than a numeric ID
- We get GitHub name, username, and avatar but should be able to override avatar
Asked Martin Opstad to install a plugin on community.plone.org to retrieve stats, on the meantime we have some general stats that could be used on the front page