Plone Mosaic 1.0 released

About that, do you think it will be release before the PloneConf ? (just to know if I need to plan to update the Mosaic training the day before the training :slight_smile: )

I think @datakurre was planning on releasing this week.

The latest known good set (for Mosaic 2.0.0rc2, with still possible open migration issues from 1.0):

plone.tiles = 1.8.0
plone.subreqeust = 1.7.0
plone.app.tiles = 3.0.0
plone.app.standardtiles = 2.0.0rc1
plone.app.blocks = 4.0.0rc1
plone.app.drafts = 1.1.1
plone.app.mosaic = 2.0.0rc2

FYI: I have just updated from version 1 to 2 of plone.app.mosaic and lost all settings and content of my Mosaic Page? It' only a Dev System, but is this behavior knowing?

It's know that there may be unknown issues with upgrading. It will stay RC until those are resolved.

Did you run upgrade for plone.app.blocks and still had the issue?

I have reinstall via portal quickinstaller tool, but i dont run the upgrade step explicitly via portal-setup tool

Just running buildout and running upgrades on add on control panel should have been enough.

Could you try to manually run upgrade step 3000 -> 4000 for profile plone.app.blocks:default at portal_setup in ZMI?

If i run the Upgrade via control panel i got an errormessage in my Log, only this message:

2016-09-16 11:09:33 ERROR root Could not upgrade plone.app.mosaic: Value must be a record

That seems to be an issue for upgrading plone.app.mosaic's profile. We should fix that, but there should also have been upgrade for plone.app.blocks fixing your original issue.

Would you have a longer (full) stack trace of this error and could you submit an issue of this at Issues · plone/plone.app.mosaic · GitHub

I have no longer StackTrace thats the only Message in the Log, sorry.

You could reproduce the error by undoing all upgrade and reinstall transactions from ZMI undo tab and then trying again.

The last error is probably because upgrade tries to remove a registry record, which has never been there (because of some upgrade has not previously been run). But without stacktrace we don't know which record.

Sure we should check that all upgrades since 1.0rc1 work, but I cannot do that right now.

This should be the upgrade responsible for fixing Mosaic content. If the content does not reappear after that has been run, then it's an issue not known yet.

Ok, now i test it again. I run Buildout with the knowing set of version above.

I go to the Controlpanel:
If i press "Upgrade All", an error occurred. Only this message is in the Log:

2016-09-16 12:29:57 ERROR root Could not upgrade plone.app.mosaic: Value must be a record

Then i press every Extension Upgrade Button separately (plone.app.mosaic as the last) and all was fine.

I look in the ZMI Quickinstaller and i see nevertheless missing Upgrades:

I upgrade also in the ZMI and no error happen and all was fine.

Mysterious.

Thanks. I cannot help with that error until I face it myself.

Reinstalling sure reconfigures Mosaic and makes the error irrelevant, it it doe not run "upgrade steps" and content remains broken. Content should be fixed by running the upgrade step manually as show in the screenshot of my previous reply.

Hi @datakurre - is this latest KGS for Mosaic 2.0? Because at plone.app.mosaic · PyPI I'm seeing a different set of pins.

...Ah...just answered my own question. Indeed, those pins are for plone.app.mosaic · PyPI

@tkimnguyen Oh, sorry. I edited my post to make it more clear that KGS was for the latest 2.0.0rc2. I replied it here, because just before there was a talk about 2.0 :slight_smile:

thank you