Plone Foundation Board Minutes Sept 16, 2021

Plone Foundation Board Minutes Sept 16, 2021

Meeting called to order at 19:03 UTC

Housekeeping

Attendance

Present: Chrissy Wainwright, William Fennie, Erico Andrei, Andy Leeb, Paul Roeland, Victor Fernandez de Alba, Jens Klein

Absent:

Approval of the minutes of Sept 2, 2021

Paul moved to approve, Jens seconded

Unanimously Approved

Action Items

Incoming Correspondence

  • Sorrento Fanzone Event Funding Request
    • 2 separate things here
      • funding for training
      • funding for strategic sprint
    • Funding to help team leads get to Plone Conference Fanzone
      • motion to make Plone Conference Fanzone strategic
        • Victor suggests on behalf of the Volto team to make it strategic
        • Andy motions, Chrissy seconds - Unanimously Approved
        • Funding amount increased due to size and significance:
          • Andy motions $8000, Jens seconds - Unanimously Approved
      • Historically, Board does not manage how the money is spent
        • funds can't be used for alcohol though
    • [Executive Session]
  • Trainers:
    • equitable compensation for both remote and on-prem
    • Jens motions to compensate up to $300 to trainers who provide a training, William seconds
      • one time distribution due to COVID-19
        • in lieu of usual compensation
        • comes from conference budget
        • motion passes, Erico & Victor abstain, Unanimously Approved

New Business

  • Sponsorship request for Python Web Conf 2022

    • Board thinks this is a good idea for promoting Plone
    • Silver sponsorship level includes tickets
    • Jens motions, William seconds - Unanimously Approved
  • Third party security bounties

    • working to prevent outside entities from generating CVEs specific to Plone
  • Sponsorships

  • Closing Facebook comments

    • Low traffic already
    • Paul monitors the comments
      • No need to close comments, nothing malicious
    • LinkedIn is more popular

Continued Business

  • Plone Conference
    • Talk submissions have been extended another week
    • We want more talk submissions!!
    • A bunch of sponsors!
  • Renewal Cycle
    • Chrissy's making moves to have it happen!
      • Folder has been updated, will be published and nominations will soon be accepted
    • Andy will start with membership renewal

Review Ongoing

  • Membership
    • Tiberiu - Paul motions, Victor seconds - Unanimously Approved
    • Nicola - Jens motions, William seconds - Unanimously Approved
    • [Executive Session]
  • Erico is working on a YouTube Plone 6 presentation to help guide Brazilian businesses

Erico moved to adjourn, Andy seconded

Unanimously approved

Meeting adjourned at 20:32 UTC

Plone Foundation Code of Conduct