Meeting called to order at 20:00 UTC
Present: Kim Paulissen, William Fennie (partly), Érico Andrei, Paul Roeland, Víctor Fernández de Alba, Jens Klein
Excused: Andy Leeb
Ploneconf: there was an open space about Edu User group. this time only 3 people showed up: Rikupekka & Asko , TU Dresden, Alexander & colleague from LMU.
Can there be more user-centric groups, specifically EDU in this case. How can we do marketing for this?
Alexander can do part of it; who is liaison on the Board?
proposal: mid-to-end February
Kim and William are university; Kim volunteers, William will check if he has time.
Purdue, UCLA. Osaka should be contacted as well. Kim & Alexander will look into it.
Érico gave headsup to Rikupekka. Marketing team will be on board. Alexander will start notifications, board will support.
Kim moved to approve, Jens seconded
- PWC: taken care of
- Open source week: taken care of, but still some confusion due to handover of treasurer
- Framework team - executive session. Tabled until next meeting, Paul will notify writer.
- Google Summer of Code:
T.Kim noted the point.
We would need a champion. Paul can be the secretary, will try to do write-up for community.plone.org. Contact Joerg and Stefania?
- Steering Circle: proposal Dec 14
- Priorities 2022. First brainstorm only, as the Board is not complete due to Thanksgiving holiday in the USA.
- Jens: last years community building; next step to involve user communities. Difficult, but valid discussion.
- Kim: 1. get Plone 6 out, including documentation, marketing. Not so much dev; all the other parts. 2. Documentation: how to get it done. 3. : clearing our position on JAMstack/headless
- Paul: Best Practices - make clearer choices in documentation, so it is understandable for non-full-time people. Hybrid models - we do need in-person contacts.
- Víctor: make sure the non-developer parts are integrated better (marketing/users/others). Distributions?
- Érico: empower regional/thematic communities. Japan, USA, Brazil, edu/gov/etc. We also need to start preparing the new generation of leadership. Revive Foundation meaningship. Reduce overhead of some members, who have too many memberships.
- work on new plone.org foundation area (Érico)
- new membership committee in place (Víctor)
- AI-team will have a meeting next week (Nov 30)
Paul moved to adjourn, Érico seconded
Meeting adjourned at 21:00 UTC