Plone Foundation Board Minutes November 05, 2020

Plone Foundation Board Minutes November 05, 2020

by Andy Leeb — published a few seconds ago, last modified a few seconds ago

Meeting called to order at 19:02 UTC

Housekeeping

Attendance

Present: Chrissy Wainwright, Fulvio Casali, Erico Andrei, Paul Roeland, Jens Klein, Andy Leeb, Victor Fernandez de Alba

Absent:

Approval of the minutes of October 20, 2020

Erico moved to approve, Paul seconded

Unanimously Approved

Action Items

  • New member added to mailing list
    • Secretary sent notification
    • News Item pending

Incoming Correspondence

  • x

New Business

  • Prep for annual meeting
    • Chrissy will work on this in the upcoming weeks
    • Paul/Andy will get you a list of new contributor agreements
    • Add a section about doing the plone conf virtual
    • Zope members
    • Other topics that should be included - let us know!

Continued Business

  • Plone Conference 2020
    • Schedule looks great! Its going to be an awesome conference

    • Sponsors are shaping up

      • creation of a new 'Diamond' level
    • Finances are looking good for us

    • Python Foundation inquired about diversity

      • free tix for the French track
      • Dorneles Treméa Scholarship Fund
    • List of trainings

      • touch base with trainers
      • need a schedule
      • would be great to have Zoom rooms for the trainings
  • Renewal cycle
    • see above Prep for annual meeting
  • Zope Domain
    • we have a contingency plan with zope.dev, but may break existing setups
    • trademark is still in effect
  • review ongoing

Review Ongoing

  • Membership renewal is going as expected, some issues nothing too big
  • Sponsorships - Fulvio will take that on
  • Erico mentioned Plone at a PythonBrasil conference, maybe we'll see some conference attendees
  • Plone 6
    • bootstrap is pretty much prod ready
    • current documentation is outdated, it will need to be rewritten
      • WSGI, Zope4/5 - really technical docs
    • Volto
      • will need to have a meeting to figure out integration
      • how to install with Plone 6, installer, cli, tooling
      • need tooling champion - plone conf sprint could be ideal place for planning
      • Plone Steering Committee should be used for this
    • Open Spaces:
      • Scheduled for Friday (of the conference)
      • Plone 6/Volto integration
      • We have a Travis CI issue
        • plone core is fine
        • add-on infrastructure will need to be moved
        • should probably be moved to github actions
  • Google Summer of Code
    • project times are shortened
    • projects will need to be smaller, achievable in ~1.5 months
    • is it worth it - different projects, different mentoring
    • types of projects submitted/accepted could change, maybe younger students will be interested
  • Internship
    • second round of submission
  • World Plone Day
    • plan on a virtual one

Erico moved to adjourn, Paul seconded

Unanimously approved

Meeting adjourned at 19:53 UTC

Plone Foundation Code of Conduct