Plone Foundation Board Minutes May 12, 2022

Plone Foundation Board Minutes May 12, 2022

Meeting called to order at 18:03 UTC

Housekeeping

Attendance

Present: William Fennie, Érico Andrei, Andy Leeb, Víctor Fernández de Alba, Paul Roeland, Jens Klein, Kim Paulissen

Absent:

Approval of the minutes of April 28, 2022

Kim moved to approve, William seconded

Unanimously Approved

Action Items

  • zope.de/zodb.org
    • still in motion
  • all Plone conf trainers payment has been disbursed
  • techsoup/docusign

Incoming Correspondence

  • CMS Garden
    • Plone Foundation does not need to respond to these
    • we have a representative who is on the mailing list - Thank You Maik Derstappen!
  • Sponsorship Request
    • will route to Fulvio
    • we need to find someone to fill his shoes when he steps down
  • Youth Pioneers STEM
    • sent to marketing

New Business

  • Request to support other open-source projects

    • discussion amongst the stakeholders continues
      • licensing
      • how does the Foundation manage any bad behavior e.g. code of conduct violations from contributors?
      • contributor agreement would not cover this project
      • copyright ownership
  • [Executive Session]

Continued Business

  • Contributor Agreement digitization

    • Andy knows there's a deadline!
  • Zope Foundation Funds

    • Erico will contact other software foundation for legal advice help

Review Ongoing

  • Jens:
    • Buschenschank sprint next week! 17 - 19 people! Wine!
  • William:
    • Plone Foundation Census
    • Communication draft to encourage community to fill it out
  • Kim:
    • We should update sponsorship info on plone.org
    • Board will discuss next meeting
  • Victor:
    • Beethoven sprint was great and everything went very amazingly well!
    • A bunch of stuff is in the pipeline for Volto 16, which goes into Plone 6
  • Paul:
    • GSoC - worked with Eric B to rank proposals, Thank you Eric Brehault!
    • Payment details for paying plone conf trainers
  • Erico:
    • 2022 plone conf site is up!
    • Moving to Motomo from Google Analytics

Paul moved to adjourn, Victor seconded

Unanimously approved

Meeting adjourned at 19:33 UTC

Plone Foundation Code of Conduct