Plone Foundation Board Minutes February 18, 2021

Plone Foundation Board Minutes February 18, 2021

Meeting called to order at 19:03 UTC

Housekeeping

Attendance

Present: Chrissy Wainwright, William Fennie, Erico Andrei, Paul Roeland, Jens Klein, Andy Leeb, Victor Fernandez de Alba

Absent:

Approval of the minutes of February 04, 2021

Erico moved to approve, Jens seconded

Unanimously Approved

Action Items

  • Chrissy renewed Google Voice Number
  • FOSS Questionnaire responses returned

Incoming Correspondence

  • OSI Elections - open for nominations now, can wait for voting

New Business

  • Python Web Conference Sponsorship
    • email sent outlining
    • $2500 USD
    • Erico motioned to approve, Andy seconded
    • Sponsorship Unanimously Approved!
    • Logo will be added to the conference site
  • 2021 Budget
    • Erico sent a link to board via email
    • expected 26K sponsorship revenue - thank you to all our sponsors!
    • conf ~$3K, mix of virtual and in person, all virtual may go up
    • expenses - transferred from last year
      • bank charges, hosting domains, etc not a big change
      • IP fees
        • Trademark watch - will check with legal on status
          • automated service can be set up instead of paying lawyer
          • Crissy will check with our lawyer
    • Marketing -
      • 14K for sponsoring events that are not sprints. e.g. Python Web Conference
        • publicize our own events like World Plone Day
      • professional services money for plone.org - could be in-kind with a company in our community, or paid as needed
      • promotional materials - 11K
    • Conference costs - 15K for online transmission
    • Travel stipends for Release Managers
    • Sprint monies!
    • Paul motions, Victor seconds Unanimously Approved - Budget 2021 Passes!
  • Plone Conference 2021
    • Meeting yesterday with conf organizers
    • Preparations are being made
    • Oct 20 - 22, 2021
    • go/no go deadline in June
    • we will need some conference champions to tell everyone they are going!
    • wheels in are in motion
    • [Executive Session]
    • Foundation will pay for virtual conf software
      • will ask for local camera team

Continued Business

Review Ongoing

  • Erico & Paul have selected a tshirt shop
    • meets Paul's ethical criteria
    • basic shop set up, upgraded to Pro shop (free as we are non-profit)
    • based in UK, shipping is cheap worldwide
      • ~$7 US
      • ~$5 EU
      • should be available before world plone day
      • is just for marketing, no profits, very high quality merch
  • [Executive Session]
  • GSOC
    • still hard with the new format
    • no mentors have volunteered
    • maybe focus on Erasmus project for now, look for next year
    • Victor may ask around a bit more
  • Alpine City Sprint
    • successful
    • Barcelonetta worked on
    • ~ 9 online
    • installer meeting, Jens will post to community.plone.org
      • Victor will add js installer story
      • Windows is always the 90% effort

Paul moved to adjourn, Erico seconded

Unanimously approved

Meeting adjourned at 19:54 UTC

Plone Foundation Code of Conduct