Plone Foundation Board Minutes February 04, 2021

Plone Foundation Board Minutes February 04, 2021

Meeting called to order at 19:03 UTC

Housekeeping

Attendance

Present: Chrissy Wainwright, William Fennie, Erico Andrei, Paul Roeland, Jens Klein, Andy Leeb

Absent: Victor Fernandez de Alba (excused)

Approval of the minutes of January 21, 2021

Erico moved to approve, Jens seconded

Unanimously Approved

Action Items

  • x

Incoming Correspondence

  • FOSS Foundation Research
    • Checking in - we will send what we have by COB Feb 5, 2021
  • Google Voice Number
    • Someone needs to login to keep it
      • Kim set it up, we will direct questions to him
    • Refresher - it just records a message and sends an email to the board
  • Credit card expiration date
    • Our accountant is on top of it
    • Erico will update our shared password manager
  • Fulvio in kind sponsorship
    • Paul motioned, Erico seconded, unanimously approved

New Business

  • 2021 Budget

    • Erico has started on this
    • Line items are being considered
    • We are in a good position financially from last year
    • Virtual conf vs in person
  • Ambassadors

    • Ongoing discussions, pandemic makes it somewhat difficult
    • We have some definite yeses!
    • Ambassador's Page - Erico will update
  • Plone Conference 2020 Financials

    • Things are looking good!
    • Some invoices are still outstanding, so there should be more coming in soon
    • P/L reports
      • revenue - 31K
      • expenditures - 16K
  • Plone Conference Committee + Plone Conference 2021

    • Contacted organizers, we should set up a meeting with them <> Plone Conf Committee
      • potential dates 17th Feb

Continued Business

Review Ongoing

  • T-Shirts - website
    • would be nice to supply vouchers
    • socks! beanies!
    • ship worldwide, no worker exploitation, sourced responsibly, ethically sound
  • Python Web Conf - will have Plone track, sponsorship
    • Lanyard level sponsorship - logo on lanyard, just an option
    • maybe something like a fun activity to help break up a conference day
      • pop quiz on wacky Plone sprints!
      • other ideas, we have a little while to consider our options
      • breakout rooms sponsored by Plone?
      • cocktail mixing demo
        • Andy will ask coworker about bartending demo
          • cost?
          • ingredient list
          • how it went
  • Jen's project got funded!
    • internships
    • jobs in IT for younger folks
    • broader opensource focus
  • Erico sent email for Membership kickoff
  • Jens has begun the installer journey
    • contacted Kim, efforts have begun
  • Virtual sprints
    • tshirts?
  • Marketing meeting report
    • current intention to update website
      • fix some issues surrounding News Items display
      • eventually migrate to 5.2
      • working to have it reflect current release of Plone
      • sprint in 2 weeks
  • [Executive Session]

Erico moved to adjourn, Jens seconded

Unanimously approved

Meeting adjourned at 19:51 UTC

Plone Foundation Code of Conduct