Plone Foundation Board Minutes December 9, 2021

Plone Foundation Board Minutes December 9, 2021

Meeting called to order at 20:03 UTC

Housekeeping

Attendance

Present:Kim Paulissen, William Fennie (partly), Érico Andrei, Paul Roeland, Víctor Fernández de Alba, Jens Klein, Andy Leeb

Absent:

Approval of the minutes of November 25, 2021

Andy moved to approve, Jens seconded

Unanimously Approved

Action Items

  • Paul: Sorrento report

    • sprint report document is under review
  • Érico: Add Sprint classification to Agenda

    • completed
  • Paul: Write back to Fred and explain his email was not discussed

    • completed
  • Paul: Post on community.plone.org calling for GSoC heroes

    • first draft is under review, final will be posted in the next couple of days

Incoming Correspondence

  • 2 from Kim
    • for the first, a personal note
    • contributor license agreement
      • Andy will look into this more

New Business

  • Selection criteria for Plone teams

    • Constraints on numbers, despite the framework page saying that everyone is invited
    • [Executive Session]
    • Selection criteria is not listed
      • Documentation needs
      • Team leads need to update pages with selection criteria/process
      • ClassicUI/Volto/Framework teams - how are these coordinated?
        • communication lines need to be defined
      • Steering Circle is an appropriate forum for this
        • Board should only be called in if community is deadlocked
      • Membership criteria for teams needs to be formalized
  • Priorities for 2022

    • Work async and confer next meeting
    • 6-7 bullet points to be developed
  • Sprint Classification

    • Current levels:
      • Community - $300
      • Small - $1500
      • Large - $4000, needs approval from a team
      • Board can work with sprint organizers
    • Board needs to update criteria - online vs in-person
      • online sprints may not need the same level of support as say a small sprint
      • do we incentivize online sprints in these times of COVID?
      • small vs large should be revisited
      • big sprints, Beethoven/Sorrento sized sprints need special consideration
      • new level for "Mega"
        • num people * num days for determining dollar amount
        • criteria: how is the money spent
        • we can ask for a budget
        • case by case basis
        • typically, these are strategic sprints
        • 1 - 2 per year usually
        • difference between "mega" and "large"
    • Revive the t-shirt economy to incentivize sprints
    • Community - anyone can ask
    • Small/Large needs to come from a team
    • encourage non teams, eg Zope community, to form teams
  • Budget for 2022

    • Paul volunteered to help Erico
    • Due by first meeting of 2022
    • [Executive Session]
    • sprint estimations will be included

Continued Business

  • x

Review Ongoing

  • Email issue with marketing team
  • Money transfer from US, Paul is a resourceful fellow and now has a less expensive way to move monies
  • 2022 Plone Conf!
    • 12 - 14 Oct
    • 16 - 18 Nov
  • [Executive Session]

William moved to adjourn, Andy seconded

Unanimously approved

Meeting adjourned at 21:17 UTC

Plone Foundation Code of Conduct