Plone buildout issues

I am facing buildout issues on my VM. I installed plone 5 on one of my machine as a standalone. Can someone help me with the users i should use. Currently the owner is plone_buildout. If I change the permissions to root for the Plone directory then server works fine but buildout gives error and if I keep the owner as plone_buildout then buildout works fine but server don't starts.

keep the owner (dont use root) and start in debug mode.
You will probably see which folder that 'does not have rights".

start with
bin/instance fg

and post the results

Always post the full commands you run, buildout.cfg, and full error messages

1 Like

I get the error below when i run bin/instance fg

/usr/local/Plone3/buildout-cache/eggs/Products.CMFPlone-5.0.6-py2.7.egg/Products/CMFPlone/patches/security.py:47: UserWarning: The set_schema option of the directive is not supported in Zope 2. Ignored for <class 'ocw.types.content.ocwextfile.OCWExtFile'>
return old_require(self, *args, **kw)
/usr/local/Plone3/buildout-cache/eggs/Products.CMFPlone-5.0.6-py2.7.egg/Products/CMFPlone/patches/security.py:47: UserWarning: The set_schema option of the directive is not supported in Zope 2. Ignored for <class 'ocw.types.content.ocwfile.OCWFile'>
/usr/local/Plone3/buildout-cache/eggs/Products.CMFPlone-5.0.6-py2.7.egg/Products/CMFPlone/patches/security.py:47: UserWarning: The set_schema option of the directive is not supported in Zope 2. Ignored for <class 'ocw.types.content.ocwdocument.OCWDocument'>
/usr/local/Plone3/buildout-cache/eggs/Products.CMFPlone-5.0.6-py2.7.egg/Products/CMFPlone/patches/security.py:47: UserWarning: The set_schema option of the directive is not supported in Zope 2. Ignored for <class 'ocw.types.content.ocwpage.OCWPage'>
/usr/local/Plone3/buildout-cache/eggs/Products.CMFPlone-5.0.6-py2.7.egg/Products/CMFPlone/patches/security.py:47: UserWarning: The set_schema option of the directive is not supported in Zope 2. Ignored for <class 'ocw.types.content.mediaresource.MediaResource'>
/usr/local/Plone3/buildout-cache/eggs/Products.CMFPlone-5.0.6-py2.7.egg/Products/CMFPlone/patches/security.py:47: UserWarning: The set_schema option of the directive is not supported in Zope 2. Ignored for <class 'ocw.types.content.ocwmediaasset.OCWMediaAsset'>
/usr/local/Plone3/buildout-cache/eggs/Products.CMFPlone-5.0.6-py2.7.egg/Products/CMFPlone/patches/security.py:47: UserWarning: The set_schema option of the directive is not supported in Zope 2. Ignored for <class 'ocw.types.content.hfhmediaresource.HFHMediaResource'>
2017-03-20 04:31:24 INFO Plone OpenID system packages not installed, OpenID support not available

There is no error here - I can not spot a single message marked as ERROR. And a Warning is not an error.

-aj

Can you please post the full log? Because yeah as Andreas says what you've shown here is just warnings, nothing that will prevent your site from running correctly.