Plone 6.0.2 has been soft-released. Please give it a try and let me know if there are any critical issues.
For those who haven't run across soft-releases before, this is the last step before the final release. Because things haven't been finalized yet, some packages may change between now and the release. It is not recommended to use soft-releases in production.
See also the release checklist on GitHub .
Release notes for Plone 6.0.2rc1
- Released: Thursday February 23, 2023
- Check the release schedule.
- Read the upgrade guide, explaining the biggest changes compared to 5.2.
- Canonical place for these release notes and the full packages changelog.
For technical wizards who want to jump straight in, here are two important links:
- With pip you can use the constraints file at https://dist.plone.org/release/6.0-dev/constraints.txt
- With Buildout you can use the versions file at https://dist.plone.org/release/6.0-dev/versions.cfg, plus optionally
Major changes since 6.0.1:
plone.rest: Change the HTTP status from 301 (Moved Permanently) to 302 (Found) for GET requests and to 307 (Temporary Redirect) for other request methods. This fixes problems when an existing redirect is re-used.
- Request of own user data provides joined groups.
IPurgePathsfor RestAPI traversal (
IRuleConditionschema serialization in
plone.staticresources: Upgrade Mockup to 5.0.5.
plone.app.locales: Update translations for tr, es, eu, de.
- Various packages: drop support for older Python, Zope or Plone versions, declare dependencies better, cleanup code.
The default frontend for Plone 6 is Volto. Latest release is 16.11.0. See the changelog.
The Classic UI is still available when you only run the Python process.
This release supports Python 3.8, 3.9, 3.10, and 3.11.
For installation instructions, see the documentation.
If you find any issues, please report them in the main issue tracker.