As you know, Plone 5.2 is coming out Real Soon Now ™ (in fact, if you're like me, a lot sooner than you thought possible, brought to you by some truly amazing folks).
As part of our testing plan for this release, we will be asking you to help us test Plone 5.2 with copies of your custom code, your add-ons, and your site data (COPIES OF THE DATA). We are aiming to do this on March 14, 2019 ("Pi Day", or, rather more appropriately, "Py Day")
Stay tuned for details on who can help us (it will require a degree of comfort with the coredev buildout, so not for regular folks yet), what you will need, and where to connect with the release testing team in Gitter.
- Register to let us know you will be helping on March 14: https://plone.org/events/sprints/plone-5-2-release-testing-sprint/
- add-ons that have been ported to Python 3: https://github.com/orgs/collective/projects/1
- use this Gitter channel during the sprint https://gitter.im/plone/sprint
- file documentation issues in the https://github.com/plone/documentation/tree/5.2 (5.2 branch)
- use this Plone 5.2 upgrade guide https://github.com/plone/documentation/blob/5.2/manage/upgrading/version_specific_migration/upgrade_to_52.rst
- use this Python 3 upgrade guide https://github.com/plone/documentation/blob/5.2/manage/upgrading/version_specific_migration/upgrade_to_python3.rst