The ad hoc Plone 5.2 release team met today.
- Fewer folks showed up than hoped but we got some good testing and fixing done
- Philip fixed a blocker with PdbDebugMode
- Migrated some databases successfully during the sprint, Plone 4 → 5.2 → Python 3
- ZEO setup was broken, fixed last week, merged into coredev
- Still have blockers: need @davisagli ’s help re: database after migration to Py3
- See the project https://github.com/orgs/plone/projects/5.
- Plone RC currently depends on Zope 4 beta
- Philip asked Michael Howitz to make a RC of Zope 4 (currently b10), but probably won’t happen before Halle sprint in early May
- Zope issues:
- We will put out more Plone RC releases
- [ ] We are waiting on final changes from Zope, no new Plone features or changes, final release to happen around when? Philip to talk to Michael.
- When to do RC2? Wait for which blockers to be fixed?
- RC2 by ~March 22-25 (pending on March 21)
- [ ] Update the Plone roadmap date from March 30 (wait until Philip talks to Michael) (Kim)
- [ ] News item about RC2 (wait until Philip talks to Michael) (Kim)
- [ ] Press release in English and German, with screen shots. In websites, sent out so they’re published on the day. (Kim)
- Philip will translate to German
- [ ] Something on the front page of Plone.org, not a news item, but a Big Banner ™ ← I would need some kind of help here, as I’m not a designer