Plone 5.2.7 has been soft-released. Please give it a try and let me know if there are any critical issues. https://dist.plone.org/release/5.2-dev/versions.cfg
For those who haven't run across soft-releases before, this is the last step before the final release. Because things haven't been finalized yet, some packages may change between now and the release. It is not recommended to use soft-releases in production.
See also the release checklist on GitHub .
Some highlights of this release are:
plone.app.linkintegrity: Track integrity of video and audio files in HTML source tags.
plone.app.textfield: Enable multiple wysiwyg editors (use default editor registry setting).
DefaultImageScalingFactory more flexible, with methods you can override.
plone.app.layout: Improved the Global section viewlet:
- Catalog based navigation.
- Allow more customization by adding methods as hooks.
- Various performance optimizations.
- Deprecate now unused navtree_depth property.
FormEncode test dependency.
- Be permissive when testing the schema of the querystring endpoint.
Detailed changelog per package:
collective.recipe.omelette: 1.0.0 → 1.1.0
Fix 2to3 old setuptools hook [goschtl]
mordernize to python3 code [goschtl]
update to new zope.testing [goschtl]
use pytest and tox [goschtl]
Note: tested on Python 2.7 and 3.6-3.10.
plone.releaser: 1.8.4 → 1.8.6
Insert buildout:docs-directory when reading sources.
Workaround for issue similar to
mr.roboto 89 <https://github.com/plone/mr.roboto/issues/89>_.
Fix InterpolationMissingOptionError when parsing coredev 6.0 sources.
repoze.xmliter: 0.6 → 0.6.1
- Fixed tests with lxml 4.7.1 or higher.
issue 8 <https://github.com/repoze/repoze.xmliter/issues/8>_.
diazo: 1.4.1 → 1.4.2
- Remove FormEncode test dependency.
Plone: 5.2.6 → 5.2.7
- Release Plone 5.2.7 final.
plone.app.contentlisting: 2.0.4 → 2.0.6
plone.app.layout: 3.4.6 → 3.5.1
Global section viewlet: Catalog based navigation.
Show the global sections also if navigation contains items but tabs are empty.
This allows for disabling portal tabs rendering and constructing the navigation only from the catalog query.
Global sections viewlet: Customize entries and query.
Also allow customizing the tabs entries and the navigation query along with the other navigation entries.
Global sections viewlet: Factor out types_using_view.
Factor out types_using_view so that this method can be re-used, e.g. in a subclass with a customize_entry method.
Global sections viewlet performance optimizations:
- Remove pointless caching on types_using_view,
- Store settings in variable for multiple access, bypassing cache checks,
- Remove now pointless caching on settings property,
- Deprecate now unused navtree_depth property.
Remove pointless caching on types_using_view,
Store settings in variable for multiple access, bypassing cache checks,
Remove now pointless caching on settings property,
Deprecate now unused navtree_depth property.
- Escape navigation titles only once.
plone.app.linkintegrity: 3.4.1 → 3.5.0
- Track integrity of video and audio files in HTML source tags. (#77)
plone.app.textfield: 1.3.5 → 1.3.6
- Fix usage of wysiwyg editor settings from portal_properties to registry
[duchenean, gotcha] (#45)
plone.app.upgrade: 2.0.41 → 2.1.0
- Removed the Plone 6 upgrade code.
From now on, the 2.x branch is for Plone 5.2, master is for Plone 6.
- Added upgrade to 5215, Plone 5.2.7. [maurits] (#5215)
plone.app.z3cform: 3.2.2 → 3.2.3
- Enable multiple wysiwyg editors (use default editor registry setting) [duchenean, gotcha] (#45)
plone.cachepurging: 2.0.3 → 2.0.4
- Better debugging capabilities by enhancing the output of the purge views
plone.dexterity: 2.10.4 → 2.10.5
plone.synchronize its one and only simple
synchronized function into
plone.dexterity, which were the only consumer.
Also moves the test. Removes a dependency and a package to look after.
Avoid setting a default value on methods.
If a Schema Interface has a method in it, i.e. to be used as a
constraint for another field, etc. the
would trip over it while trying to get a default value for it.
[gforcada, jensens] (#158)
Fixes schema name generated in Python 2. [wesleybl] (#159)
plone.namedfile: 5.5.1 → 5.6.0
- Make DefaultImageScalingFactory more flexible, with methods you can override.
plone.restapi: 7.5.0 → 7.7.0
- Be permissive when testing the schema of the querystring endpoint [reebalazs] (#1307)
Products.CMFPlone: 5.2.6 → 5.2.7rc1
Add plone.synchronize as dependency, because plone.dexterity 2.10.5 has removed this dependency.
Core Plone does not need the package anymore, but in case someone uses it, it is not nice to lose it in a bugfix release of Plone.
The portal catalog will not try to index itself anymore [ale-rt] (#3312)
Load adapter for index location, only if Archetypes is installed. [wesleybl] (#3347)
Add missing lxml dependency [MrTango] (#3356)
Update metadata version to 5215, Plone 5.2.7.
Products.GenericSetup: 2.1.4 → 2.1.5
Fix #114: Problems using ZMI on multi-instance clusters due to instable hash key.
Move several tabs to Zope 4+ ZMI-markup standard. [jensens]
Products.MimetypesRegistry: 2.1.8 → 2.1.9
- Fix missing comma in install_requires.
Products.PluggableAuthService: 2.6.4 → 2.7.0
Add support for Python 3.10.
Improve the PAS override for Zope's
Fixed deprecation warning for
Pass the login name as
(not the user id) (
Fix docstring of
plone.app.debugtoolbar: 1.2.2 → 1.2.3
Fix missing zcml directive when
plone.app.standardtiles is installed.
Fix brackets in toolbar-help
Fix a compatibility issue with Python 3.8 (#27)
plone.app.versioningbehavior: 1.4.3 → 1.4.4
- Fix tests on Python 2 with newer plone.dexterity using repr for the schema.
z3c.jbot: 1.1.0 → 1.1.1
plone.app.blob: 1.8.1 → 1.8.2
- Minor package improvements. (#56)