Plone 5.2.6 released

I have released Plone 5.2.6.
Installers are being made, but meanwhile you can use the versions.cfg and constraints.txt from dist.plone.org.

Release notes for Plone 5.2.6

Some highlights of this release are:

• Remove cyclic dependencies within core packages.
  • plone.app.discussion: Implement events for Comment (ICommentModifiedEvent) and Reply(IReplyModifiedEvent) modification.
    Useful for content rules.
  • plone.app.multilingual: fix long standing bug by disabling CSRF protection during the setting of the 'TG' attribute.
  • plone.app.vocabularies: Add new StaticCatalogVocabulary class providing a simplified mechanism for creating queryable content vocabularies.
    Allows use of e.g. AJAXSelectWidget for fields that store Relations or UUIDs.
  • plone.i18n/plone.app.locales: Support Cyrillic and Latin character sets for Serbian. See note below.
  • plone.restapi: Refactor @lock endpoint based on CRUD operations.
  • Products.Archetypes and a few related packages: Prevent installation on Python 3, as we know Archetypes does not work there.

Note for Serbian language users:

The handling of the Serbian language has changed a bit, and will change more in Plone 6.
Serbian is special in that it has two character set variants, Cyrillic and Latin, that use the exact same words, but different characters.
In Plone 5.2.5 and earlier you could not choose one of these in the Plone UI, and Plone defaulted to Cyrillic.
As far as we understand, Latin is the dominant variant currently.
Situation since Plone 5.2.6:

• Latin translations folder is called sr@Latn.
  • Cyrillic translations folder is called sr@Cyrl.
  • The default 'sr' language was and remains Cyrillic.
  • In Plone 6, the default 'sr' language uses Latin.
  • You can set environment variable zope_i18n_allowed_languages to sr@Latn or sr@Cyrl to explicitly choose one character set.
  • The changes to make this possible, are in zope.i18n 4.8.0 and plone.i18n 4.0.7 (Plone 5.2) and 5.0.0a3 (Plone 6).

For discusion and links, see Serbian Latin should be the default script for sr · Issue #326 · collective/plone.app.locales · GitHub

3 Likes