- Release Manager for this release is Maurits van Rees.
- See Release Schedule — Plone: Enterprise Level CMS - Free and OpenSource - Community Driven - Secure for the planned release schedule.
Plone 5.2.4 is a release of Plone 5.2.
Experienced users can update their buildout config by pointing to https://dist.plone.org/release/5.2.4/versions.cfg.
- Linux/BSD/Unix users: Use the Unified Installer. It is a configuration and setup kit with build scripts.
- Windows 10 users: Use the Unified Installer. See Windows-specific installation instructions. Consider using the Unified Installer within the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL).
- OS X users: use the Vagrant kit or install XCode command-line tools and use the Unified Installer.
- Automated provisioning: See Plone's Ansible Playbook for a full-stack installation kit.
- Cross-platform Docker: install Docker and use the Plone Docker image.
For the Plone 5.2 upgrade guide, see https://docs.plone.org/manage/upgrading/
Some highlights of this release are:
Products.PluggableAuthService: security fix for open redirect and missing access control.
Zope: security fix for missing access control in some XML-RPC requests.
GenericSetup/CMFQuickInstallerTool: security fixes for possibly seeing information from installation logs and snapshots.
plone.recipe.zope2instance: Windows fixes
Products.MailHost: Use standard conforming
If you use Microsoft Exchange to send mails, this should prevent empty mails.
mockup / plone.staticresources: various fixes in folder contents.
resourceRegistriesETag, but now for Plone 5 resource registries.
Fixes warning "Could not find value adapter for ETag component resourceRegistries".
plone.app.contenttypes: Various fixes for restoring references during migration.
plone.app.users: Fix setting "Use site default" for wysiwyg_editor.
plone.restapi 7.0.0 introduces new features, which should be backwards compatible:
- Add ResolveUID functionality for Volto blocks, allowing Volto to preserve internal links when content is moved.
- Add root element to the @breadcrumbs endpoint.
- Mark restapi 7 with a zcml feature flag: plonerestapi-7
- Add new @contextnavigation endpoint.
- Refactor navigation endpoint, add new nav_title attribute
- Add "smart fields" concept: if block has a searchableText field, this will be indexed in Plone
For detailed changelog, go to Plone 5.2.4 — Plone: Enterprise Level CMS - Free and OpenSource - Community Driven - Secure