Plone 5.1 translations

Some thoughts:

• Marketing is 'aspirational'... it reflects the reality we want it to embody. If there is no aspiration (please, no one make "aspiration sucks" jokes), there is no objective, and without objectives we stagnate.

• If you're going to quibble about the "40", what would you want it to be? (/me slowly retreats from the argument)

• Rather than quibble about the 40, let's spend the energy improving the translations. I know there is a PR already for the German translations by @jensens and @agitator that will be in the next release.

• I love the ideas on making the status of translations more immediately visible! Those nice graphs are easily comprehensible. If we can display that status in an easily seen place, together with perhaps an easier mechanism for translations to be contributed, that would go a long way.

• Next time, when we have a release in multiple alpha, beta, and RC versions, and our release manager asks for them to be tested, that would be a good time to jump in and contribute translations. I for one am eager to help with the English Canadian translation :wink: :canada:

2 Likes