Plone 4.3.3 production site fails to start after reboot

Hello,

I've been hosting a plone 4.3.3 site for a masters degree on a debian server for the last few years without a hitch. I had to shutdown my server for some electrical maintenance last friday and now my plone site will not restart. It fails with the following traceback:

instance: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "bin/plonectl", line 14, in
sys.exit(plone.recipe.unifiedinstaller.ctl.main(server=None, clients=['instance'], location=r'/home/Plone-4.3.3_Oacos/Oacos', binDirectory=r'/home/Plone-4.3.3_Oacos/Oacos/bin', fileStorage=r'/home/Plone-4.3.3_Oacos/Oacos/var/filestorage/Data.fs'))
File "/home/Plone-4.3.3_Oacos/buildout-cache/eggs/plone.recipe.unifiedinstaller-4.3.1-py2.7.egg/plone/recipe/unifiedinstaller/ctl.py", line 120, in main
returncode = controller.runCommand(component, command)
File "/home/Plone-4.3.3_Oacos/buildout-cache/eggs/plone.recipe.unifiedinstaller-4.3.1-py2.7.egg/plone/recipe/unifiedinstaller/ctl.py", line 83, in runCommand
po = subprocess.Popen(args)
File "/home/Plone-4.3.2-oacos/Python-2.7/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 679, in init
errread, errwrite)
File "/home/Plone-4.3.2-oacos/Python-2.7/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1249, in _execute_child
raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

The only thing I can think of, is that my file system might have been corrupted following the power outage and reboot. Is there some simple way to find out which file or directory is missing?

Thanks in advance
Regards
Laurent

Can you check the permissions of the directory /home/Plone-4.3.3_Oacos/Oacos/ and subdirs, expecialli the zeocluster/var/filestorage/ and blobstorage dirs?

Hi Laurent,

well such things could happen but should not happen.

First check if your FileStorage and Blob Storrage are (/home/Plone-4.3.3_Oacos/Oacos/var/filestorage/Data.fs and /home/Plone-4.3.3_Oacos/Oacos/var/blobstorage/) are avaliable and have right access rights for the user that executes Zope/Plone.

If those are avaliable, try to start the instance with the right user in foreground mode: ./bin/instance fg
Your traceback seems to have no zeo-setup but a single instance setup. If you have a zeo-Setup please start the zeoserver first.

if all of this fails, please rerun buildout to ensure that all libraries are avaliable.

Hello Yuri,

File permissions seem ok (if I compare them to another instance I have running on a different server)

Hello Alexander,

Yes, the Data.fs and blobstorage are available and permissions are what they should be (as far as I can see), first thing I checked :slight_smile:

It is a single instance setup and launching
./bin/plonectl fg
fails the same way.

I'm rerunning buildout now and it seems that I do have a bunch of scripts that disappeared from the bin directory

Ok thanks guys, the site is up and running again
(http://master-oacos.lmd.jussieu.fr/fr).

It seems the server shutdown and reboot did not go as smoothly as I originally thought and that the contents of my instance bin directory got corrupted. Launching buildout repopulated the bin directory and the instance now lauches as it should.

Thanks again
Cheers
Laurent