Plone 4.3.19 addon_product distutils version

Dear,
just trying to extend a fresh plone 4.3.19 install with bobtemplates_plone addon, running into the follwoing error.
The still empty addon is generated and added to buildout.cfg. Then:

Develop: '/opt/Plone-4.3.19/zeocluster/src/tdkuehnel.threelevelworkflow'
warning: no previously-included files matching '*.pyc' found anywhere in distribution
Uninstalling zopepy.
Uninstalling client2.
Uninstalling client1.
Updating zeoserver.
Installing client1.
Getting distribution for 'jsonschema'.
/opt/Plone-4.3.18/Python-2.7/lib/python2.7/distutils/dist.py:267: UserWarning: Unknown distribution option: 'use_scm_version'
warnings.warn(msg)
warning: install_lib: 'build/lib' does not exist -- no Python modules to install

zip_safe flag not set; analyzing archive contents...
Installing jsonschema 3.2.0
Caused installation of a distribution:
UNKNOWN 0.0.0
with a different project name.
Installing jsonschema 3.2.0
Caused installation of a distribution:
UNKNOWN 0.0.0
with a different version.
Path /opt/Plone-4.3.19/buildout-cache/eggs/UNKNOWN-0.0.0-py2.7.egg unexpectedly already exists.
Maybe a buildout running in parallel has added it. We will accept it.
If this contains a wrong package, please remove it yourself.
Got None.
Version and requirements information containing jsonschema:
Requirement of plone.schema: jsonschema
While:
Installing client1.
Error: There is a version conflict.
We already have: UNKNOWN 0.0.0
but plone.schema 1.2.1 requires 'jsonschema'.

Looks like distutils package is too old, but how do i know which version to pin ??
Thanks for any help !

Torsten Dieter Kuehnel

The issue might be here is that plone.schema never was part of Plone 4. It has been challenging to keep the templates that bobtemplates.plone generates compatible with both Plone 4 and Plone 5 and I think the latest versions now only support Plone 5.x, allthough the documentation of bobtemplates still says it supports both Plone 4 and 5.

You ideally want to have 'best practices' in the scaffolding which bobtemplates provides and use the features from Plone 5.

Try to pin plone.schema to "1.1.0" (without the jsonschema dependency).

I don't know if bobtemplates has any dependencies on plone.restapi, but I'm getting exactly the same buildout error when trying to install plone.restapi on 4.3.18.
Pinning plone.schema to 1.1.0 is not an option because restapi requires plone.schema>=1.2.0, but plone.schema 1.2.0 requires jsonschema. Catch 22.

Sorry for bringing up this old thread, but i'm stumble over this issue today. i pinned this versions in my buildout.cfg and exclude bobtemplates, because i don't need this package:

PyJWT = 1.7.1
plone.schema=1.2.0
jsonschema=2.6.0
plone.restapi = 6.13.4